“Friendly and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 78 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Reading, United Kingdom
“Friendly and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had the family room, great size, beautiful view over garden to the sea. Bed was very comfortable. Lots of towels in the bathroom. Rooms are very quiet and clean. Decor is dated. However clean wins for me. Delicious breakfast. Great choice including Full English and various options. Even our university son was invited to join us for breakfast. Very friendly service. We stayed two nights. Beds were made for us. We walked everywhere. Falmouth is beautiful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

What I wanted was a quiet, clean, comfortable and convenient place and I got what I wanted at Tudor Court.

The B&B is conveniently located at a leisurely walk from the sea and from the Pendennis Castle. My room was on the highest level and had a view of the sea. The shower space was just ok for me (but I imagine it would be small for someone larger).

I had some problems with the wireless in my room (being on the top floor), but it worked ok in the breakfast room.

Breakfast was a good serving. The hostess surely made sure I had enough. I mostly appreciated the packed breakfast prepared for my last morning there when I had to leave early.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The owners were very pleasant and the breakfast was good. The room we had was quite small, but had a very nice view of the sea. The Hotel was within walking distance of shops, the Quay, and restaurants. The problem we had, was that there was black mold on the ceiling over the shower stall, and in the shower itself. There was more black mold on each side of the dormered window. I did mention this when checking out, but although I got a quick, "Sorry about that.", it was rather offhanded. I did not feel then, that it was worth telling her that the air mattress was leaking and getting flat before my daughter even slept on it, or that the coverlet had a dark stain on it, and the pillows were thin and hard. It was quite hot in the room, so a small fan would have been nice.

Room Tip: We were in the top of the hotel, quite a climb if you have trouble with stairs. Rooms in the back h...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Solihull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is a small privately owned hotel. Very comfortable with a nice lounge and lovely garden. The room we had was a decent size but the bed was huge and took up a lot of room. Very comfortable though. Bathroom very small but had everything we needed.

Breakfast was wonderful. So much choice and all cooked to order.

The owners could not be more helpful. Can really recommend this hotel for a short break.

It is in a good location and the Gylingvase Beach can be seen from the garden and is only a three minute walk away. The harbour and all other attractions is about ten minutes walk.

If we go to Falmouth again we shall certainly stay at the Tudor Court Hotel.

Norma & Peter Craven

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My unplanned overnight stay in Falmouth was made a delight my finding this gem, owners delightful and double room extremely clean with usual mod cons, en suite looked new. Would reccomend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Room not over big, but large enough, ensuite shower quite compact but good shower. A very friendly and welcoming place with lovely staff helpful and informative. Would be happy to return. A short walk to the town and to beaches. On a bus route. Easy parking.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We had to stay a few extra nights in Falmouth, and we had a lovley time staying here, we where made very welcome, and the owners where really nice to us. It has a very warm and inviting feel about the place, and is very clean, and as we dont drive the good thing is its on the main bus route into town, and only a five minute walk to the beach, so you can stay local if you want to. I would certainly recommend that you stay at Tudor Court Hotel, and a good breakfast too.

Andy, Mary.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Tudor Court Hotel? Share your experiences!