“If you like steak then this is the restaurant for you!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 157 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: 28 day mature Cornish steak chargrilled on one of the largest flame grill units in the South West. Flame grilled burgers, slow braised ribs & smokey buffalo chicken wings. Vegetarian and fish option. Children's menu too. All in an intimate and friendly dining room.
“If you like steak then this is the restaurant for you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

If you like steak then this is the restaurant for you! The food is excellent and the staff were really helpful and friendly.

If you want any of the steaks from their 'Butchers Block' then you are recommended to order 24 hours ahead. This will ensure you get the larger cuts of steak they have on the menu.

It's also advisable to book your table as this is quite a small restaurant and seems to be busy due to the quality of the food.

It isn't cheap but good food never is...

Visited April 2014

“Converted me to steak - wonderful place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Having previously been vegan and then vegetarian, I had never eaten steak. Due to health problems I was told I had to start eating meat around 4 years ago, but still had never eaten steak - the thought of it put me off. Today (17th April 2014), my boyfriend and I visited the Ranch, mostly due to the fact that he could have steak, and there were fish and vegetarian options available for me (which is always a plus!). We were impressed by the staff, who were fantastically friendly but not overbearing, the decor, and the buzzy atmosphere - even though it is an absolutely tiny restaurant, this only adds to the charm (but make sure you book, we saw a lot of other patrons turned away due to the restaurant being full!). Upon arriving and seeing other people's food being brought out, I decided it was now or never and ordered my first ever steak, along with a starter of mackerel which both my boyfriend and I had. For the main course, I had well done fillet steak with the ranch sauce, and my boyfriend had medium ribeye with the ranch sauce - both were presented nicely in a way that didn't overface you, and sides were available on request. Being a steak virgin, I had no idea what to expect, but was extremely pleasantly surprised! Both our meals were cooked perfectly, they tasted fantastic and the sauce was to die for. I just hope other places closer to home are as good! I had dessert too - try the panna cotta, it's vanilla-ey heaven and easily the nicest one I've tried.

We would both recommend this lovely, cosy restaurant for a comfortable, relaxed dinner out. It is a little pricey, but considering the quality of the food and how much we enjoyed the overall experience, it is definitely well worth it! Make sure to visit!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mullion, United Kingdom
“Great Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We (14 of us) went there this week for a family Birthday, I'm normally a fish person, I had the fillet steak and I enjoyed every mouth full, well done to the chef, to cook so many steaks to perfection,I was really impressed.
Staff were friendly and very helpful Thank you.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mullion, United Kingdom
“Put an end to your steak craving.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My partner booked us into The Ranch as a birthday treat. The restaurant is quite small but it's nice, you get a much better sense of good service rather than mass catering. I also like the way that the tables are like booths, it closes you in and makes it nice and personal. The staff were great, a young male and young female who had total control over all the tables and were very professional.

For the starter I chose the Ribs in "Ranch" sauce, I found they were quite fatty but when I did get a meaty bit it was very tasty, my partners seemed to have less fat so luck of the draw I guess.

For the main I had a fillet steak (medium) which came with a fair amount of fries and a roasted tomato, I also ordered some of the ranch sauce for the fries. The steak was a perfect medium, a slight charring from the grill piece and then a lovely pink in the centre with some juices on the plate. As for the price of the fillet, I feel it is very well met, you'd pay a similar price elsewhere but wouldn't necessarily get such great quality.

Dessert, I went for the warm chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream, a standard dessert, nice but nothing special.

Next time my steak craving rears it's head I'll get down to The Ranch!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great steak but no atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Went to the Ranch for dinner this week for the first time. Thought the atmosphere very flat and rather closed in, however the staff were very friendly. 2 of our party had Fillet steak and 2 had rump and all were without question very good and cooked to perfection. The thing I didn't like is that a steak comes with frozen skinny chips, a tomato and a scattering of cress, everything else is a side at £3.00 per time (including a small bowl of proper chips). The steaks are not cheap and a couple of mushrooms and onion rings on the plate included in the price would surely not have broken the bank and would have made for a more attractive plate. When all the sides were added on I thought it was a little on the expensive side. I would go again because the steak as stated was excellant and to be honest you can't eat cheaply in Falmouth anywhere, they just need to present a more attractive plate.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere