“Brilliant Xmas party!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Truro, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Xmas party!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Had our Xmas works do here and can't fault a thing! Food was fantastic and arrived promptly, we had the three course set menu and all courses were big and delicious - great value! We had lots of lovely cocktails and wine and the Service was warm and charming and the place had a great feel! Night to remember, we will be back soon! Thank you to all the staff!

Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Brillant burgers better then Hub great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Went with girlfriend after late night shopping nice and warm , Quickly seated and shown the menu and offered drinks.

Very varied menu with choice of starters and lots of different burger options and some very big options (Lockjaw for Man vs Food Fans with a place on the wall of fame and a £25 bar tab!! if you finish it ).

We skipped starters but did see them on another table and they looked amazing.

Food was ordered and arrived in 15 mins

I had the Good the bad and the ugly combo to eat and was not disappointed a double burger with fries, onion rings, bbq beans and coleslaw It was a impressive size.

The skinny fries were crispy and nice and hot and not too salty, bbq beans were delicious, coleslaw was homemade and tasty and the onion rings were really really tasty in a beer batter where you could taste the beer.

The burger was however the highlight of the meal big, juicy and succulent and cooked to perfection again homemade and as a big fan of the Hub both in Truro and St Ives I have to say it by far outshone the Hub.

Girlfriend had NYC Chicken burger and she really enjoyed it and said it was excellent

For dessert we had a minced pie sundae to share which was amazing ice cream, cream, chocolate sauce and loads of mince pie. The nicest dessert I've had all year!!

The service was really good with Michelle really friendly and helpful

In summary

Great service, Amazing food , Great atmosphere and reasonably priced will definitely be back and would recommend to friends.

Hayle, United Kingdom
“Take a jumper.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

to wear its a little nippy in the Underground!! Probably gets baking in the summer or if it's packed out but it was neither! We went here after reading the reviews and it's ok but not perfect. Service was slow over 30 mins between starters and mains. the burgers are good but we've had similar at blas burgers in St Ives. I had the nacho amigo burger and it was nice to have something other than chips, nachos were homemade and the burger was filling! My other half has a thing about chips and thinks its lazy not to have home-made/cut chips so he was disappointed here! But he did enjoy his bacon and cheese burger which came as he asked with nothing else on it! Surprisingly this can be quite difficult for other establishments to do! Would go again but I wouldn't be making a special trip.
PS They don't take card payments?!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minehead
“Excellent way to treat a girl.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I discovered this lovely little hidden restaurant purely by chance after looking for some good places that do proper food (in my opinion burgers and steaks) and I or my acquaintance were not disappointed.
We started off with some superb cocktails which were well described in the title and if you're in your like me you haven't a clue what cocktails are even named. They were delicious.
The food... I am very picky with my burgers and The Underground surpassed my expectations with a well presented and filling burger.
The setting was fantastic, low lighting and candles so even if you're not on a date it's great for friends.
Will be making more trips to this wonderful place of excellent food and drink.

Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Fussy Local Resident”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I've lived here some 18 months, having escaped Central London, and my main complaint is the absolute dearth of decent restaurants in Falmouth. The term "chef" is often bandied about but less than 4 or 5 people in Falmouth deserve it. So when this place converted from a student dive bar to a specialy burger joint, I was sceptical. No need, the guys know what they are doing and deliver consistently good food whether you want the full monty or just a quick snack. And they are just so nice about it. Maybe not the hand-reared milk fed beef that purists would demand for their fancy £85 burgers, but I defy anyone to match this quality in a straight beef burger in the entire South West, excepting perhaps some ex-girlfriend trying to impress me with minced filet or a wretched celebrity chef with a dozen lackeys at his beck and call and meat flown in from Japan. The person who made a comparison with the London chain Byron obviously needs a taste bud transplant: this little outfit even beats Black & Blue, and leaves and puts those so-called specialty burger joints on the Portobello Road in the shade. Amazing

• Visited November 2013