“Good food, great views” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Good food, great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My partner and I often visit on a Sunday, with the pubs roast specials, very nice roasts, very good sized portions and brilliant value for money.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bergen, Germany
“Dog-friendly, fabulous view, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

After leaving the Boathouse up te road whose version of dog-friendly comprised seating us outside in the smokers' area we were pleased to see the dog-friendly sign outside the Star and Garter - and they really were! Iola ( the dog ) was greeted with biscuits and water and things just kept getting better.
After a short wait, we got seats by the window overlooking the harbour and Flushing over the river. What a beautiful spot! The food was good and delivered in good time with friendly service and a smile. We left just before the live music started at 9 because Iola's not a jazz fan but all in all it was an enjoyable experience I'd be happy to repeat.

Visited August 2012
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Microwave food a disapointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I don't like giving poor ratings, but I am afraid it just was not good enough this time. I had enjoyed a great evening in the pub a few months ago and I like the view and atmosphere, so thought we would try the food.
I fancied the liver, bacon and onions on mash. For only £6 a good price. The food was a good sized portion, but my first bite was met with freezing cold mash. I complained and they took it away with an appology that it could not have been in the microwave long enough! The food returned piping hot and rather delicious to be honest, but the mash was reheated mash from some other time and it is not the same as fresh mash. Sorry folks, you dropped the ball there....

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Stuttgart, Germany
“Excellent food, friendly staff, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We've been twice to the Star and Garter during our trip to Cornwall. All dishes were tasty and freshly made. The have a standard menu an a menu of the week, which may even change from day to day. Staff was very friendly and helpfull - asked in the kitchen which ingredients were exactly in one dish. After the food was served, they came along once more to see if everthing was all right. I can really recommend it! The lady who owns the pub uses to be around in the evenings, ready for a nice chat.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
toronto
“Nice pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This pub has a really pleasant landlord, and the food is good. We had fish and chips, and also the crab cakes....not great but quite good. The view over the harbour is splendid. All in all a nice pub and well worth a visit.

• Visited June 2012