“Brilliant deli, brilliant food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Bakeries, Delicatessen, Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Brilliant deli, brilliant food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic tapas, fantastic service, fantastic deli. This place is a wonderful find in Falmouth and delivers if you want to take some bits home to eat or eat in. Expect a very relaxed experience, often sharing tables with strangers. Space is limited to eat in but the high quality of food means that you will want to wait for a table. Plenty of space outside for the summer when things start to warm up. You MUST try their mixed olives, the actual olives and roasted garlic that you get are some of the best I have eaten anywhere. Lovely Spanish tapas too with some great West Country influences. Have bought lots from the deli including their homemade bread and cheese. They have a great selection of products from around the world too and we bought plenty of bits for use at home that I have been unable to find elsewhere easily.

The next bit they need to build on is making a website you can order from, then I would be able to use them from home too.

Service is very relaxed, order at the bar and then they bring everything to you - would lose many an afternoon in here if I lived in Falmouth.

Visited April 2013

Swanage, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful fun meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I enjoyed a delightful, informal evening with my friend at the Courtyard Deli - its family run, unhurried, WONDERFUL cooking - each dish was a joy and the proprietor had time to chat at the end of our meal. I shopped for gifts off the Deli shelves so it was so much more than just a meal! Next door is a wonderful bookshop/pub!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Simply the best food I had in Cornwall. Every dish was handmade to order - well worth a visit. The cafe also has a great vibe and is surrounded by exotic food stuffs.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, England, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I recently visited the Courtyard Deli during a flying visit to Falmouth and I was very content to spend a few hours of my precious time there. I had the Homity pie which was brilliant; I've been trying to work out how to recreate it at home but can't quite get it right. The next day I got some take away Spanakopita for the journey home and regretted not getting more. This wasn't my first visit and I have to say I've always found the food excellent, the welcome friendly and the service really accommodating - going the extra mile to get us what we want.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
England
“A Little Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Just happened to come across a red sign on the road opposite Marks and Spencers and thought it looked interesting. Set back from the road in a Court (Bell Court) . The Deli has interesting foods from around the world, olive oils, pasta and various sauces as well as local cheeses.The counter holds cooked pies, flatbreads and quiches. On the board there are daily specials. I had mushroom and cauliflower soup. Very yummy and accompanied by some lovely garlicky seeded bread. Also tried the homity pie. This was accompanied by different tasty bean salads. There is also a regular menu. I would certainly return again when I am in Falmouth. Good wholesome food

• Visited March 2013