Had a very bad experience here during our two night stay in August. As I spoke with the owner on leaving, he promised he would contact me when he had decided what he should do to compensate us. Heard nothing since.
We had a two night stay, desperate for a couple of nights of luxury we upgraded to a larger room inclusive of bath robes.
The room was really disappointing, whilst the public areas were really nice, the room itself was still in the 80s, a balcony yes, but nothing to look at. So, no bathrobes, we asked on three occasions for them to be put in our room, the second time the receptionist said "I asked housekeeping" in a most dismissive and uncaring manner. We also asked not to be disturbed (there were no do not disturb signs) and yet the door was knocked on twice by housekeeping. Then to add insult to injury there was "drilling" which commenced at 8.30 in the morning, as work was being undertaken on the ladies changing rooms in the pool area.
When we booked this hotel should we not have been warned that there would be work being undertaken?? The photos of the rooms do not in any way represent what the "upgraded" room looked like, the reception staff were rude to my partner, when he was just asking for items that should not have been missed in the first place. We asked over two days, and finally got the robes to use just once in the pool area (with no ladies change rooms)
On the morning when we were leaving, I paid my bill, the receptionist asked if I had enjoyed my stay, so I told her what had happened and how disappointed we were, she was concerned and asked me to stay to speak with the owner. He did come down to see me after a short wait, and said leave it with me I have you contact details and will think of what I can do. Still waiting......
- Also Known As:
- Green Lawns Hotel
- Green Lawns Falmouth
- Green Lawns Hotel Falmouth
- Merchants Manor Falmouth, Cornwall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine your perfect holiday - a privately run Cornish Hotel, with far reaching views across the stunning Falmouth bay, South Cornwall. The Merchants Manor is unpretentious and yet wonderfully individual and provides the perfect base from which to explore the Cornish Riviera. Merchants Manor offers friendly and professional service and the kind of efficiency you would expect from a luxury Falmouth Hotel. Whoever you are or whatever you're looking for, whether that is a family holiday, a hotel perfect for Weddings in Cornwall, Merchants Manor is just fitting for all your needs. Come and enjoy attractive accommodation, good food and service reminiscent of a bygone era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Merchants Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.