My Son and his bride had their Wedding reception at the Green Lawns last weekend.
There are beautifully manicured gardens at Greenlawns which were perfect for more Wedding Photographs, with tables and chairs for guests to chat and relax and room for children to play.
The whole of the proceedings were executed by Neil Slade the Manager with professionalism and humour. The afternoon and evening receptions went perfectly. Thank you Neil for your performances/joining in with the dancing in the evening.
Quite a few family members booked to stay the night of the Wedding. We had three rooms for our party. All were decorated to a high standard and were very comfortable. The double on the top floor, with a balcony looking out to the sea was fantastic as was the single room we booked. We also booked a double room on the top floor at the front of the hotel, which while it did not have sea views, was a lovely triple room with a balcony. All the rooms had large en-suite facilities.
Thank you to all the staff. The ethos of the Hotel from the Management down, seems to be 'nothing is too much trouble'. The maids were friendly and helpful, reception were always cheerful and patient, even when we locked keys in the rooms and were a little late checking out. The restaurant staff were fantastic both during the reception and at breakfast the next morning. Nothing was too much trouble, even accommodating visiting family members who popped in to say goodbye and to provide guests who were late rising with tea and toast. Neil was always on hand to check we were all okay and have a friendly chat.
The food at the reception and breakfast was excellent.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel for a wedding reception or as a hotel and as a restaurant. In fact my Husband and I plan to return in October for our 30th Wedding Anniversary.
I would like to say a big thank you again to Neil and to all the staff on behalf of the happy couple and all of their family and friends, for helping to make their special occasion so very memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine your perfect holiday - a privately run Cornish Hotel, with far reaching views across the stunning Falmouth bay, South Cornwall. The Merchants Manor is unpretentious and yet wonderfully individual and provides the perfect base from which to explore the Cornish Riviera. Merchants Manor offers friendly and professional service and the kind of efficiency you would expect from a luxury Falmouth Hotel. Whoever you are or whatever you're looking for, whether that is a family holiday, a hotel perfect for Weddings in Cornwall, Merchants Manor is just fitting for all your needs. Come and enjoy attractive accommodation, good food and service reminiscent of a bygone era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Merchants Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Lawns Falmouth
- Green Lawns Hotel Falmouth
- Merchants Manor Falmouth, Cornwall