“Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Merchants Manor

You added Merchants Manor to your Saves list
Merchants Manor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Western Terrace, Falmouth TR11 4QJ, England (Formerly Green Lawns)   |
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Falmouth
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

A wonderful hotel. The rooms are really comfortable and the standard of cleanliness was first class. The food was excellent.
All the staff I met were very friendly and made me feel really welcome.
I was even able to take my dog which was really good. All the staff made a fuss of the dog too.
I had a brilliant time and will definitly stay there again.
It is in a good location about 10 minutes to the beach and the town centre. Wonderful not to have to drive anywhere.
Would definitly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Paignton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

This hotel offered good value for money . we did not experience the restaurant and opted for room service instead which was delivered with a smile( despite the very steep and narrow stairs to negotiate) by two members of staff.. The standard of food was 1st class . I would recommend this hotel as the room was warm and cosy and we slept well. As we had a little bit of work to do before leaving in the morning we sat in the lovely lounge area next to the open fireplace which I will bet looks lovely in the evenings . After a few minutes the manager offered us free tea and coffee a lovely gesture. I would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: higher floors have very steep steps which are a challenge
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We have been traveling the USA, Canada and UK for 9 weeks, so have had some experiences with accommodation. This was up there with the best, lovely room, clean and quiet, excellent service and food in the restaurant and the staff more than helpful with any request. Location is perfect, close to city centre. Cant recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I know odd title and it definitely goes against the majority of the reviews on here, but the hospitality I received from this place took me back 20 yrs. The restaurant staff didn't understand me and got my order wrong, even though I repeated my order and room number several times. When I challenged 'the wrong order', restaurant staff argued with me and said I was in the wrong; but the 'icing on the cake' for me was when I tried to address this with management of how dissatisfied I was with the service, management was clearly on the defensive offering me loads of reference of how satisfied past customers have been, which I gently reminded him whilst that may be case, this was not my experience. Yes, I take on board that they apologised eventually, but the manner that I had to obtain the apology (firstly argue with the member of staff in the middle of the restaurant for them to acknowledge that they had made a mistake and get the food order rectified) and then for management to force me to accept that whilst they were very sorry I have to understand that mistakes do happen (yet I did also notice my order was the only one they got wrong that evening). You maybe wondering what exactly did I order for the restaurant to get is so wrong; 2 mussels as mains a side of cheesy fries and a side of normal fries...simple enough I thought!! Or, you could argue maybe my accent was too strong (I have a 'homes counties accent so possibly too posh for them to understand??) So in relation to training can I be clear I propose for the management to take a refreshers course in hospitality, customer service and diversity as it was the restaurant manager that argued with me about my food order and the general manager that was defensive and not listening to the customer aka me!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this great little hotel in Falmouth on a good value 3 nights for 2 deal. Great value. There is a good indoor pool, jacuzzi and gym, we had it to ourselves on 2 of the 3 occasions we used it. The restaurant perticularly impressed us, the standard was well above 3*. All things considered I cannot recommend Green Lanes enough. Falmouth itself is a very friendly town, the taxis are cheap and one of the drivers recommended The Cutty Sark pub to us. It is on the docks development and is just the sort of pub I like (Now & again) full of vagabonds, wild women and a great music system. After a meal at The Shed nearby, excellent we returned to The Cutty Sark and had a late night!! Great.

• Stayed February 2012
Melbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Working in Falmouth a few times a year I've been a regular at this hotel when my work allows. Very friendly staff, good value accommodation that is always consistent.

The rooms are just fine, the singles are a little small from my experience once when I couldn't get a double, ok, they're not brand new but very acceptable. Wifi is available free and seems very good everywhere on site.

Food in the evening is excellent, a wide choice and all very, very good. There is a good selection of wines and 3 real ales on draught that are usually good. Breakfast is also very good from my many times now spent there.

All in all a very good hotel, one at which I would be happy to spend my own money, when I get a bit older and fancy a trip to Falmouth!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Tokyo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I needed to find a hotel at Falmouth to visit my friend studying there, and the reason I chose Green Lawns is it looks easier to spot (the hotel looked exactly like the one on the photos on the website) and not so far from the station.

In that period I was still writing a thesis for my degree, I stayed in the hotel to study until noon, and then went out with my friend afternoon. Actually, I could concentrate without difficulty there - the room was clean and tranquil, and I could use the wi-fi internet by buying a kind of voucher at the reception. A set of furniture is minimal, but I didn't feel any type of inconvenience.
When I came across staffs in the corridor, they greeted to me with a smile, in a polite way.

Above all, the view of the town I could see in breakfast time was splendid, and I could personally recommend the hotel for this reason only.

* I stayed in the hotel in 2008 by the way (I could not choose 2008, as the pulldown box allows me to choose among 12 months back from the current date)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Merchants Manor? Share your experiences!