“Well it impressed me” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St Michael's Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added St Michael's Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
St Michael's Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Gyllgvase Beach, The Seafront, Falmouth TR11 4NB, England   |
Ranked #12 of 23 hotels in Falmouth
Berks
“Well it impressed me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

Stayed for 2 nigts, our room was in the white house not in the main hotel building and it was really very nice, lots of room and a sea view, must be beautiful in the summer.

We found the food good the service good and the decor a pleasant change to a traditional English Hotel.

Car Park is an acknowledged nightmare but they have limited space.

Maybe not the best value for money but upmarket and just what we needed. We went half term week and it seemed full of happy people.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
StMichaelsHotel, General Manager at St Michael's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments following your stay at St Michael’s Hotel and Spa. Our Captains House is a separate area accommodation adjacent to the main hotel and I am delighted that you enjoyed the sea views from your room. We do have limited car park on-site, however the road on which we are situated has no restrictions and guests are welcome to park there.

727 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

Nice hotel, good food, friendly staff, but if your room is in the corridor over the gym, prepare for noise !! I am at the hotel now :-) at 7.24 and the 'bass' has begun. Last night I was told it would go offf around 9.30pm, (gym listed as closed at 9.45pm). In the end I had to go to reception at 10.10pm to ask them what time it shut off !! (& then they did). I know it's not that late but if you started work at 6 and want an early night, or wanted an afternoon snooze in peace and quiet...forget it... really disappointing compared to everything else :-(

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
StMichaelsHotel, General Manager at St Michael's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 14, 2011
I am sorry that you were disturbed by the noise from the gym during your stay. There are a few rooms which are situated above the gym area and being aware of this, we have checked the levels to ensure that guests do not get disturbed by the music. Our Health and Fitness Manager has been made aware of your comments and has reiterated to the staff the importance of keeping within the set levels. I am sorry that this has marred your stay, however do hope that you will consider returning to St Michael’s when we can ensure that you are located away from the gym area.
Truro, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

The service afforded to our group was so poor it became a joke, we even deceided to take our own orders for food. The portion size was minute, very dissapointing.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Leicestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

When our children were small we stayed at St Michaels four years running, but it's been over 10 years since then and the enticing brochures finally lured us back to see what had changed. Normally I would review TripAdvisor before booking any hotel, but this time I didn't look until after I'd booked - by which time the negative reviews were too late to influence the decision....thankfully! We had a really enjoyable and relaxing time overall, and as we were taking advantage of one of the special offer breaks we had great value for money - especially as we were upgraded on arrival to a larger room with sea view!
Good points:
The Reception staff were excellent throughout ourt stay, always welcoming and helpful; the rooms were light, airey, well appointed and very clean; the food was simply scrumptious; the location well placed for anyone wanting to explore the area.
Slightly less good points:
As with any hotel you can hear other people in other rooms, but we were unfortunate enough to have someone above us for one night who came in at 1.30am and proceeded to make a lot of noise until 3.30am - and we could hear EVERYTHING they did! If this had been during the day it wouldn't have been so noticeable, but in the dead of night when sound travels and everything else was quiet you couldn't miss it.
The Spa - I'm probably spoilt as I have a very good local Spa/gym here at a local hotel, and although St Michaels is very pleasant the 'mouldy' smell in the changing rooms and the grubby floor put me off a bit - although to be fair I usually went in towards the late afternoon so it had been used all day I suppose.
Overall:
Any 'not so good points' are far outweighed by the friendly staff, scrumptios food, smart and comfortable decor and excellent location. I would recommend this hotel and would be happy to go again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

My partner and I stayed here as a treat on the Sunday Chill offer. Lovely accommodation (with a fantastic sea view), use of the spa facilities, a beautiful 3 course meal in the hotel restaurant, breakfast and a spa treatment each all for a very reasonable £180.

We definately think it was value for money and enjoyed every aspect of our stay. The food was fantastic and service in the restaurant very good indeed. We would definately recommend this hotel especially the Sunday Chill offer.

Would also recommend Gyllys Beach Cafe across the road, for lovely food or pre-dinner drinks. A lovely part of the world and a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We have stayed in lots of hotels over the years and are usually disappointed with the service. Not so here. The service was excellent. Without exception every single member of staff we encountered was friendly helpful and smiling.The room, although small was clean and the furnishings fresh and nicely decorated as was the rest of the hotel. We dined at the restaurant which had lovely views, and the food was great. Breakfast was very good and there was no waiting for anything.
Good spa.and gym. My only criticism is that it is a bit expensive.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments following your stay with us. It is always encouraging to receive positive feedback regarding our staff as we invest heavily in recruiting and training the right people. I am pleased that you found time to enjoy all of the facilities and with regards to the price of the hotel, I would recommend that you check our website as we often has some very good offers. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I can highly reccomend the service in the Spa and Gym which (living locally) is consistantly helpful even though I am a familiar face who visits regularly.
I am at all times treated as a very important guest and nothing is too much trouble.
The whole Spa area is meticulously clean with fresh towels and the gym is well equipped and friendly.

The staff are helpful and extemely attentive to your needs without being at all intrusive.

Highly commended

• Stayed October 2010

Been to St Michael's Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!