“Great for a girls getaway weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St Michael's Hotel & Spa

You added St Michael's Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
St Michael's Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Gyllyngvase Beach, The Seafront, Falmouth TR11 4NB, England   |
Special Rate
Twixmas
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Falmouth
Penzance, United Kingdom
“Great for a girls getaway weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Taking advantage of the weekend package deal had a lovely two night stay. Room comfortable and clean, bed big enough and nice and warm without being overpoweringly hot all night. Spa facilities very pleasant and friendly, lovely massage, and food excellent. If you want boutique hotel this is not quite it, but for the price I felt it was very good value, and handy for all the facilities Falmouth has to offer. If I had to be critical I would say service in bar not too speedy, but as there was a wedding party in, they were quite stretched. Definitely go again.

Room Tip: If you want a view I think you would have to pay more than we did.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Torquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Comfortable room, staff were always cheerful, courteous,and helpful escallent ambassordors for your hotel. Food excellent though service a little slow but well worth waytyng for. slight fault ran out of bacon and eggs during breakfast!

Would definitely stay again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
StMichaelsHotel, Manager at St Michael's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for leaving your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your birthday celebrations! We have been made aware that there were a few small issues regarding breakfst and I am happy to say they have now been resolved!

We hope we can welcome you again soon.
Carbis Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

both myself and my mum took a 3 day / 2 night Mother and Daughter Spa break on 4th/5th/6th March and I have to say we definately were not dissapointed.!! The hotel was amazing, very relaxing, the staff were welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. Our room was a Superior Plus which was large & spacious with seaviews and the bed was supa comfortable so much so I didnt want to get out of it. I recommend dinner & lunches in the restaurant on both nights we had the Chefs specials and the food was amazing. The plan was to have a few days away from home to relax and thats exactly what we got..I highly recommend the Hotel and cant wait to go back at the end of the year..!!

Room Tip: Room No 22 - Superior Plus : very quiet location with lovely views out to sea and across the grounds
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
StMichaelsHotel, Manager at St Michael's Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

I am delighted you enjoyed your "Mother and Daughter" spa break. It was also great to hear you enjoyed your experience in the Flying Fish Restaurant and will certainly pass your comments on to my staff.

Myself and my team look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Cornwall, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our daughter had just gone through the trauma of losing a very good friend under the most tragic of circumstances - so her dad/my hubby suggested that she and I go away for a few days. I asked her to look on the internet and decide where to go for a Spa break. Couldn't believe she came up with FALMOUTH - we live about 30miles away at Carbis Bay. Well, all I can say is that she made a fantastic choice. Not far to travel, very nice hotel, Spa facilities wonderful (could use the pool/sauna/steam room at any time,, and the jacuzzi certainly hit the spot to 'unwind' us - and we NEVER had a problem with overcrowding). The food was fantastic - loved the buffet style breakfast - the staff were attentive at all times. We were on a 3-day/2nights Mother & Daughter Break - and I have to say, we were very sorry when it was time to leave (much as I knew that hubby would be missing us). I cannot express just how much this break meant to us, and it certainly lived up to our expectations - and to be able to wander between our room for our 'spa' treatments and for our swimming etc. in slippers and dressing gowns (provided) was amazing, and to relax in the lounge in the same attire for our lunch was bliss....I could go on forever about this place, but don't want to be too boring.............but certainly came home fully chilled after a wonderful break!

Room Tip: Room 22 - no outside space - but had a sea view (lovely to hear the sound of the sea) - nice and qui...
Falmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

What an amazing hotel! Just got back from an overnight stay in this most wonderful hotel. Stayed before on a xmas party night but this was a surprise from a friend. The minute you walk through the door you are greeted with an amazing welcome. All the staff are excellent and really made you feel special. The food is amazing! The restaurant has amazing windows with views towards the sea and the gardens. WONDERFUL!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
A lovely reveiw, thank you so much! We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy more yummy dinners! The gardens are now coming in to full bloom and are amazing! Do come back soon!
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed for two nights at the end of Feb/ beginning of March 2013 for my friends wedding. I booked a single cabin room, and was told that the were "smaller" than usual rooms with higher windows. The room was actually rather large, plenty of space for a solo visit, and tucked away so was nice and quiet.

The staff couldn't be more helpful! Reception were able to answer questions and where friendly and polite through out, even the night porter was lovely! I missed breakfast on my first stay but the staff went out of their way to make sure I was fed a bacon roll - Perfect for my hangover!

There were more spa facilities than I would have expected and everything was clean and tidy.

All in all an excellent stay at a great price. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I went for a single cabin, and was a bit worried at first. Turns out to be a really good choice for...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
What a lovely review, thank you so much! We are glad you enjoyed your friends wedding and we are really happy we could help you recover the following morning!!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Penzance, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We always enjoy staying at St Michael's. It's in a great location opposite the beach and just on the edge of town The rooms are bright and attractive with particularly comfortable beds! The whole hotel is modern and welcoming and without exception the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Brilliant spa and pool. Sadly we don't enjoy the food very much, and tend to eat out. This time we did stay in to have a birthday meal with our son because it was a Monday night and the other places in town were closed, but we find the food generally lacks flavour and the menu is not to our liking. This would not put us off staying though as we enjoy the hotel very much.

Room Tip: Choose a sunny one with sea view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this lovely review. We really do appreciate all feedback. It is lovely to hear you enjoy your stays here at St Michaels, and we do hope we are able to continue to welcome you. With regards to our menu, I am sorry that we have been unable to please you with your dining experiences. We do try to offer a varied menu that will appeal to all tastes, and on the whole we have found our new Spring menu to be very successful. For those that require something slightly different howerver, our team of Chefs are very accommodating however and should to dine with us again please do not hesitate to discuss with your waitress any adjustments that you may prefer.

Once again thank you very much for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to St Michael's Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!