“Yummy fare” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 175 Restaurants in Falmouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Phone 01326 317583 Propieter: Nicola J Willis - Open Monday to Saturday 10am to 5 pm Sunday 11 am to 4pm, Booking necesary and are taken for Monday to Saturday evenings only.
Cornwall
“Yummy fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

It was a cold day in February and we were looking for a nice bowl of soup for lunch to warm us up. We were attracted to the cafe by an A frame board on the main shopping street which gave details of the day's specials. We ventured up the alley and found Pea Souk quite tucked away. Tiny place, probably seats only 11 or 12 people at a push! When we arrived there were only 2 other diners but I imagine in summer you'd need to be lucky, or early, to get a place for lunch. We ordered Sweet Potato; Leek, Ginger and chilli soup which came in charming rustic bowls with a huge hunk of artisan granary bread and a generous pot of butter. Service was prompt and friendly. The soup was absolutely delicious and just what we needed!

We were seated by the display cabinet and the salads displayed looked really yummy as did the other daily special, a beetroot, spinach and Goat's cheese tart - describing the ingredients in no way does justice to this amazing looking tart. I wished I'd had more room to order a slice.

The bill came to a modest £10 including our two sparkling mineral waters. I'd definitely recommend this vegetarian gem to anyone (even though neither my friend nor I are vegetarians).

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Veggie Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

What a find! Tucked up an alleyway and very cosy. We both had the delicious homemade tart with all the fresh salads. The lady owner told us that her mother had grown the pumpkins for her, they were possibly the best we had ever tasted. The atmosphere was very lively with other customers sharing tables. There was a great choice on the menu, it was all freshly prepared, we could see it all being chopped on the counter in front of us. The staff really seemed to know their 'stuff' regarding vegetarian cuisine. Our visit was really very enjoyable. Thankyou!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hayle, United Kingdom
“Lovely Little Vegetarian Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Delicious lunch - I had the super Mez plate, with roast vegetables, crispy falafel, tabouleh with fresh pomegranate seeds, pita, feta cheese, tasty olives and salad leaves and my partner had a scrummy "Stanley" burger with haloumi and roasted vegetables. The fresh Moroccan mint tea is wonderful and refreshing. Tiny space, amazing food.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, United Kingdom
“Excellent vegetarian cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Visited on a recent holiday in the area and can wholly recommend. I'm not vegetarian but my partner is vegan and we both really enjoyed the food.

Had a nice chat with the owner whilst eating some of the best vegetarian curry I've ever tried, great range of snacks, drinks and cakes on the menu too.

Take time to seek it out, well worth a visit, even for usual meat eaters like myself!

Bedford, United Kingdom
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Discovered this place on a recent trip to Falmouth and cannot adequately describe how much we loved the food here, especially my non veggie other half, who was completely amazed at how good our meal was. Could even persuade him to go veggie! Looking forward to a return visit.

• Visited August 2012