“Looked at Hooked!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hooked on the Rocks

Hooked on the Rocks
Swanpool Beach | Swanpool, Falmouth TR11 5BG, England (Formerly Indaba on the Beach)
01326-311886
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 175 Restaurants in Falmouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Fish & Chips, Organic, Bar, Seafood, Vegetarian, Tapas, Bistro, Wine Bar, Pan-Asian
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lazy lunches. Decadent dinners. Sublime shellfish. Hooked on the Rocks is a quick walk away from the bustle of Falmouth town and is all about beautiful, relaxed and fun dining experiences. We overlook Swanpool Beach, across Falmouth estuary and over to Pendennis Castle and St Anthony's Lighthouse. It's a spectacular setting whatever the weather, and we love to share it with everyone that visits. It's a view that inspires. And it definitely inspires the team down here every day and influences both our menus and our ethos.Hooked on the Rocks is the place for the best Cornish seafood and shellfish. Our chefs focus on the freshest fish, using whatever our fishermen have to offer that day. And we make sure it's sustainable too. We love Cornwall and we love fish and our aim is simple: to serve up great dishes that show off Cornish produce in a relaxed and friendly environment. Our ever-changing platters are a great way to try local shellfish, our crab and lobster tank is an old favourite for crustacean fans, but we always make sure we've got a few steaks on, and vege options too.Hooked on the Rocks is great for a morning coffee in the sun, a long and lazy al fresco lunch, or the perfect way to end a hard day out and about.
“Looked at Hooked!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Once again an enjoyable evening and excellent fare at this restaurant.there is a very relaxed atmosphere about the place which after a busy week is most welcome. I had a tapas of crab soup which was divine and for me the perfect size prior to my main course of steak, which was cooked to perfection. My husband ordered from the specials board the steamed prawns, scallops and mussels which were fabulous, followed by a perfect fish curry. For dessert we both enjoyed the taste of the chocolate trifle but it does need some attention on the presentation. The heavy chunky glass it's served in is just not right, neither is the dessert spoon given to eat it with. A lighter stemmed glass would be better with a long handled smaller spoon. A good dessert should be a celebration to close a fab meal, and have a bit of the old wow factor about how it looks.
One final point, our table was around the corner out of the way of the service area. Whilst in the main this is a good thing, towards the end of the evening, and we have felt this on previous visits, you can feel a bit ignored. The staff tend to focus on laying up the tables for the next days service forgetting that the current one isn't yet over! A small point but one which needs attention. Overall though, well worth a visit and we will return.

Visited March 2014

Totland Bay
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Having just had a 3 night 'Gourmet Break' in North Cornwall we travelled south to stay with friends who brought us to this delightful restaurant. Fun decor, friendly staff, an interesting menu and absolutely delicious food. Eat your hearts out the three 'Gourmet' restaurants previously visited during the same week.

Visited March 2014
Newquay, United Kingdom
“Hooked”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I eat here on a beautiful sunny Saturday and can't fault the service or the food both were amazing. What they do they do well, lovely fish and chips and tapas. Will be back

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Standard food, terrible service and rude staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

My fiancé and I ate at hooked on the rocks for lunch earlier today, it's a beautiful sunny day and we decided to go for some lunch somewhere with good views and a terrace to soak up some sun which this restaurant definatly has, unfortunately this was the only good part of our experience.
Upon arriving we sat at a table outside in the sun where we waited for the waitress to come with menus, she took our drink order and went back inside, all good so far.
as we took in the breathtaking views and beautiful sunshine The waitress then came back and took our food order and again went back inside, during this time 2 other tables arrived and where seated and served there drinks before us so I asked the waitress how long our drinks would be to which her response was very rude informing me that they were very busy minutes later our drinks arrived only for the waitress to catch the glass on the tray and spill my drink over the table and rather than taking the drink away to be refilled she tried to leave it and walk away I had to ask her to fill my drink back up to which she did but didn't wipe the spilt drink off the table.
we then waited 40 minutes before the table next to us was served there food before us, again I then asked the waitress how long my food would be and again with a very unfriendly tone to her voice she said its on its way we are extremely busy.
The food when it did arrive was nice enough but by then it was to late to make an impression
I understand the pressures of busy restaurants but there is no excuse for unfriendly and unprofessional service as a result I would not recommend this restaurant to anybody and definatly will not return

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
galway
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We have been here before when it was named Indaba. We are living in Falmouth for a year now.

We sat down and ordered two glasses of wine. About 10 mins later our order was taken. After another 10 mins when the couple beside and behind us were served their drinks I asked the waitress about our drinks. She seemed confused but said they would be with us soon. Another 10 mins and we got out wine!
We waited an hour for 1 fish and chips and a mackerel. During which time the three tables beside us that sat down after us were served. We had also enquired about our food but we're met with indifference. We were told they were very busy!!

All in all a big disappointment. We work and live nearby and we're treated as if we were not important enough to receive the same treatment as everyone else. Such a shame... Word of mouth travels fast