“Perfect” 5 of 5 stars

+44 (0) 1244 312123
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolino - Chester is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 410 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Exciting, authentic and flavoursome Italian food made with the finest, freshest ingredients
Rhyl, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I have been here a couple of times on our own and have always enjoyed the food and the atmosphere very much. But the real test came on Friday when we decided to dine there with our one-year-old. I am never sure how nice restaurants are going to react in the presence of a small child, obviously I didn't expect them to have a children's menu or a colouring book for her, if I wanted that we'd have gone to Pizza Hut, but I was hoping that they would at least be friendly towards my daughter, as I have found some places can be quite rude about it.
I could not have imagined how wonderful the staff would be. As soon as we walked in the girl who greeted us said a big "Hello" directly to my daughter and told us where we could leave the pram and sorted out a high hair for us before showing us to our table. Every member of staff proceeded to make a fuss of my baby girl until we left. She was saying "Hiya!" to them every single time one passed our table, and not once did anyone ignore her. It was really lovely that they acted as though having a baby there was a treat for them rather than an inconvenience.
On top of this excellent service, the food was devine. Our little girl was happy to share our tomato flatbread and calamari starters, and she happily tucked in to bits of Daddy's delicious carbonara and my roast duck. The duck was perfectly cooked and served with honeyed apples and a lovely rich sauce. One of the nicest duck dishes I've ever had.
Our bill came to around £45, which I see as very reasonable considering the quality of both the food and service, I have paid much more money for much more forgettable dining experiences. I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

yorkshire
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very busy on a Saturday night and were told there was a 45 min wait for a table, but then were offered one after about 10 mins. We had an italian flatbread with tomato to start which was gorgeous and then I had chicken in cream mushroom sauce with gnocci and my partner had steak which he said was one of the best he has ever tasted. The staff were very attentive and efficient, a greatplace to eat!

Visited February 2013
“Best Itailian had for a long time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

First time at Piccolino's, right from the beginning the service was excellent. Staff were polite, friendly and professional, could not fault them. The food was great and the wine recommended worked well. Will certainly return.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Chester, United Kingdom
“A mixed bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Saturday early evening was busy and with most of the tables occupied it felt rather squashed and you needed to squeeze between them. Food was ok, if a little pricey and the mains don't come with vegetables, which have to be ordered separately and are over priced. Staff friendly and helpful. Lager was flat. Wine also a little expensive (£23 for a bottle of Chianti). Nice bubbly atmosphere though.

Visited February 2013
“I really enjoyed the food, wonderful service. Really tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Was in Chester today, n almost every restaurant we stopped at had shut for a few hours, we were hungry and tried here. We were greated by a wonderful host and treated very kindly. I was underdressed (almost a scruffy) as I'd been out and they did not judge, not that I think it's right to judge, but some places can make you feel unwelcome, they didn't hear! The waiter was lovely. The food came fairly fast, we got the mixed starter, the meat balls on that were my fave, some of the best meatballs I've tasted. My pizza was awesome, my friend had pasta, that was ok, but nothing to write home about, fresh lovely pasta though. I would defo recommend and defo return. A+ for service and atmosphere and great food.

• 4 of 5 stars Food