“Good food,good entertainment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oaklands Hotel

Oaklands Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chester
Oaklands Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   93 Hoole Road, Chester CH2 3NB, England   |
Ranked #39 of 45 hotels in Chester
Chester, United Kingdom
“Good food,good entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Lovely place to eat,good food,value for money,good service and a pool table to top off the fun! Portions were wonderful,food was cooked well and a lovely way to round off a Sunday! Staff were well turned out,an although this is a family pub me and my wife were uninterupted

• Stayed July 2012

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Holywell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I've been here a few times and almost always get good service and a decent meal. The bar has a good range of guest ales on and as well as the large projector screen showing sports, the booths contain smaller screens which you can watch TV on.

The menu has a good range of dishes which are all reasonably priced, daily special offers add to the value.

Difficult not to recommend to anyone wanting something to eat or a decent pint.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dutton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

The Wife and I went to this Hungry Horse for an early tea some weeks back, and left somewhat disappointed owing by and large to the mediocre nature of the food. The Wife's pie had endured the freezer-microwave treatment and was crowned by a of pastry case of tooth-shattering rigidity. The 'megasaurus' I ordered was something I've consumed at other branches of the Hungry Horse and have always been satisfied with. Not in this instance, though. Even though I do like my steak 'still alive', this was pushing it even for my tastes. To make matters worse I was presented with the world's most ineffectual knife in order to tear slivers from the slab of still-raw meat before me. This proved a challenging task (no steak knives, apparently) and I was near exhausted, not to mention perspiring somewhat, at the time I threw in the towel. This is probably the worst Hungry Horse I have been to; there are far better examples of this chain to be found in Cuddington and Backford.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Coventry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We were quite lucky as The Oaklands was opposite the B&B we were staying in. We had food there on our first day in Chester. We were anxious as the footie match was on and we realised they showed the sport on the TV. I know it isn't everyones ideal to have the footie on whilst eating or drinking. The sound is off. The Oaklands gem is that it has little TV's in booths and the sound can be turned up for individual booths and the TVs turned off.

The staff were helpful and friendly and nothing was a big ask. They were all only too happy to help. The food was cheap and plentiful. And most delicious ... nom nom.

We went several times during our stay in Chester; for food and a drink,; just for a drink; or a cup of tea. Was lovely. Opinion didn't change during any of our visits.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is part of the Greene King Chain..Hungry Horse Restaurants. We had a meal and it did the job very well. Great value for money and the food was well presented and hot. Nice old building and comfortable inside. Service was good and we got the meal to our table quickly and efficiently. Wii go back if in Chester.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Dined out there on the 3 nights we were in Chester.Food and service outstanding. We'll be back

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Chester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Went here for a family birthday meal early on a Saturday evening.

There were only 4 of us, so the order was pretty straightforward. The children's meals arrived first, which was good. Unfortunately they brought me the wrong meal. Mistakes do happen, so they took the meal away and promised to bring a replacement in 5 to 10 minutes. When the replacement meal eventually arrived, part of it was missing and the rest of the family had almost finished theirs. I had to go and find the duty manager, who promised to put it right and offered us free dessert.
At the end of the meal, a waitress arrived to take our dessert order. I asked for a drink instead as I had eaten enough. The 3 desserts arrived, but no drink. Noone came over to check we were happy, so we left without receiving the promised free drink or apology.We will never return to the oaklands again as it was a special occasion totally ruined.Come on hungry horse get this weak link sorted.We were going to book our family christmas day dinner with you (not oaklands) but will think again now.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Oaklands Hotel? Share your experiences!