“prefer to stay elsewhere next time” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2 Night Midweek Breaks
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Chester
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“prefer to stay elsewhere next time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Stayed there in 2009.. on business trip to uk.. small rooms...not as clean,, also got a feeling that they really didnt want us around..

not really quiet ..maybe some work going around,,,well stocked bar though,,,howwevr the parteis in the bar/pub can get a bit loud,,,

not really great food,,nothing much for veggies..

overpriced I would say,, there are other much better options in chester

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Good location. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Try the restaurant - fabulous food!! Friends stayed in Business Class Room - basic but very comfortable. Love the idea of the canal boat afternoon tea and dining experience but never got the chance to do it - maybe next time!! We treated ourselves to the fish pedicure - fantastic experience - must try!!

Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Me and my partner had been informed that the mill hotel and spa was a good hotel with a great location and food and our stay did not dissapoint, we arrived the saturday and were greeted by friendly and helpful staff. The hotel itself looked clean and tidy throughout, me and my partner paid a little extra for a business room, the room itself was a little dated, however was clean and comfortable and so did not put us off. There was a 32 inch TV which came in handy the second night as we had a heavy first night!
There was a slight discrepancy with our food bill, we had been charged for someone elses drinks, however upon seeing reception staff about this matter it was dealt with promptly. The food itself was not cheap but in my opinion was made to a high standard and well worth every penny. Unfortunately due to our busy schedule we were unable to make use of the hotels spa and leisure facilities so cannot comment on this area. We are already planning to return later in the year and hope to make full use of these then.

Room Tip: Pay extra for breakfast and try out the food!!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Midhurst, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

For what we wanted this was perfectly located for a short sightseeing holiday. The room although on the small side had for single occupancy a double bed and everything one could need - iron, hairdryer etc. and was spotlessly clean.The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, the pool was a dream and overall a vastly enjoyable stay. The food was ok but for what one pays for a cheaper room, perfectly adequate; the bar was full every night so a bit too noisy and boistrous for a quiet evening drink but jolly not rowdy!

Room Tip: Best for short stays not long holidays
  • Stayed April 2011
Sheffield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Me and 11 friends stayed here as part of my Hen Weekend and we had such a good stay, I thought I'd write a review and recommend it!
The location is really central so close to all the main sights of Chester as well as the restaurants and bars etc. Its also very close to the train station, or if you're driving, it has its own (free) parking. The rooms werent massive but comfortable and had all the usual features you'd expect including TV, tea/coffee, hair dryer and iron. Breakfast was included which was a buffet-style - hot/cold food, fruit, cereal, fry-up, the works!! Perfect to set us up for the day!! Other facilities which we made use of include the swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi - perfect to clear the head the day after!! Staff seemed friendly and polite, check-in/out was easy, and rooms got made up with fresh sheets/towels daily.
Overall, for what worked out at £50 per night, we had a great stay and would recommend this hotel.

Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

My friend and I spent one whole day chilling out using the spa facilities. The pool and jacuzzi were wonderful and the atmosphere was so relaxing which is just what we were looking for. We also did a couple of relaxing exercise classes and had some treatments at the end to finish the day off. It was a brilliant day apart from one part...lunchtime! The service was very, very slow. After ordering our drinks at the bar. It took about 20minutes for the drinks to be brought over to us and the place was almost empty. In the mean time, I went back to the bar to order our food because I was worried that if the food was going to take as long as the drinks then we might have missed the fitness class that we were booked in for. When I ordered the food, I was told they didn't have two white bagettes. They only had one white and one brown one. They asked me if I was sure I wanted white because they said they'd have to go an get one from one of the other restaurants inside the hotel. I said I was sure I wanted white which was why I ordered it! Anyway, the food was good but the service was so slow that we did end up being late for our fitness class. Maybe I was foolish to think that we could order and eat two bagettes in an hour and a quarter and I obvioulsy should have left at least two hours!

bucketlistal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights with my sister for well earned break,,hotel staff very helpful,,rooms very clean,,hotel good value for money ,,will be booking again soon,,,recommended,,

• Stayed April 2011

Been to The Mill Hotel? Share your experiences!