“Awful!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #271 of 411 Restaurants in Chester
Halifax, West Yorks
“Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were taken in by my mother in law who had visited with her husband previously.

Don't be fooled by the pretty cakes in the window.

It was overpriced, I nearly fainted at the prices for sandwiches and the side salad was drenched in salad dressing that delightfully soaked into everything and the artichokes and olives chucked on my plate looked like last nights kebab leftovers.

If you have a child then best go to elsewhere. I asked the waiter to warm some food up. He refused and shot my daughter a look as though she was clearly an inconvenience. I appreciate that for health and safety reasons most establishments cannot warm food but really...a tea cup of water to warm her spag bol? Pathetic.

i got the feeling we were not welcome from the off. Obviously when one is eating a £6 slither of cake one doesn't want MY daughter interrupting them because she was asking for her dinner (which she couldn't eat because her food was cold).

Avoid, avoid, avoid!

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

SHROPSHIRE
“Cakealicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Visited here 18months ago and as we were returning to Chester it was top of my list for morning coffee and pastries - we were not disappointed. The staff are lovely and seemed to take delight in explaining each cake and pastry on offer.
I had a wonderful mixed fresh fruit tart - the pastry was mouth wateringly buttery,
the fruit, firm and fresh and the crème patisserie was creamy but not too sweet, in fact it was perfect! The accompanying coffee was strong and hot and the prices surprisingly moderate. What a wonderful start to a busy mornings shopping.

• Visited September 2013