“No real charm. Waitress wasnt interested. Food order wrong!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #290 of 411 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Eclectic, Bar, Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A great cafe bar in a fabulous location. With a veranda eating and drinking area overlooking the famous Eastgate Street, this is the ideal spot to sit, relax and unwind. Shopping by day or party by night... A great one-stop venue
london
“No real charm. Waitress wasnt interested. Food order wrong!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

When we walked in the waitress/ bar maid ignored us completely.

The guy floating around the bar was marginally more interested but seemed to lay it on thick!

We sat by the bar (thank god) otherwise there was a chance we would never get served.

The food - good when we got it. Except the wrong dishes arrived. We ordered a goats cheese brochette as one of the dishes which we sent back. This then returned (exactly as it was when it was sent back) with a side of garlic bread.

So the goats cheese on bread dish being too hard to put right was resolved by 3 slices of garlic bread and no change to the dish?

Lazy.

Shame as it has potential but not the soul or apparent management to get it where it needs to be.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Ruthin, United Kingdom
“Happy with House!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Yet again my husband & I had soup & a sandwich lunch at House in Chester. Each time the soup has been delicious and the sandwich perfectly presented and exactly what we wanted. The service was with a smile and no long waiting period considering they were busy. Looking forward to my next trip to Chester. Thank you House.

Visited November 2013
“Sorry must try much harder”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I took my wife in for lunch having frequented this establishment in the past (previous owners). Sad to say although the decor is enticing that's where it stops. Food took ages to arrive (we were told 25 mins) more like 45! My wife's coffee was cold and the food was very average (not worth over £20 for the two of us). I'll be eating elsewhere in future (not spoilt for choice in Chester after all).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
England
“Relaxed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My friend & I went as part of a Groupon deal, The soup and sandwiches we had were absolutely lovely. I can personally recommend the sweet potato soup and the chicken tikka with mango chutney sandwich. My friend enjoyed their ploughman's sandwich and the leek & potato soup too. A lovely place to go for lunch with friends, family or even business. I'll definitely go again with or without a voucher.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wrexham Wales
“good food service erratic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

we dined here in the late afternoon, the restaurant ,which is clean and nicely furnished was fairly quiet. We ordered drinks which took some time to materialise and then ordered food which arrived promptly after the waiter who took our order came to our table and asked if we had ordered, he obviously suffered from short time memory loss!!!!
The food was good and reasonably priced. I believe that the restaurant has only been opened a short time and I think that some staff supervision could help make this an excellent venue.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere