“Lovely!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I love this cafe. It's very cool inside, nice and airy and relaxed. The coffee is very good, as are the cakes! The only down side is that they only do toasted sandwiches or wraps etc, no real cooked food. Lovely to go into just for a break from shopping though.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“great coffee,free book swap too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

visit this coffee house at least once a week, always have a great mocha.They know what i like and always have a friendly chat. Great staff always up beat and chatty. The fact that i can take in an old book and swap it for another is an added bonus and all for free !!!!! No loud music and banging of cups etc, can actually have a conversation with whoever i go in with. They are children friendly and let you take a well behaved dog in too...added bonus. Great to have an independently owned great coffee house in the center of town.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cheshire, UK
“Possibly the worst coffee in Chester and miserable manageress.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I rarely write bad reviews, but I gave this place a 2nd chance the other day and again they served me a truly awful cappuccino and they served it with a miserable face. The coffee was disgusting, the milk had been overheated and over stretched. It burnt my tongue, it was so over heated. I considered going back but given the greeting in the first place, I decided to cut my losses, vote with my feet and threw the coffee in the bin. When I walked into the cafe, I asked the server behind the counter if they did flat white. "I don't know. I'll ask the manageress". The manageress was sitting at the back of the shop with some people round a table (they weren't that busy.. wonder why?) "No we don't" says manageress. She conducted the whole transaction without a smile or a word beyond asking for my money and there was not one iota of treating me as a customer. No smile, no pleasantness - just a miserable woman. She must have seen me wince as I sipped it and it burnt my mouth, but she said nothing. I've decided to write a review about this place because it's really annoyed me that they have a placard outside claiming that they serve "the best coffee in Chester". I'm not sure how they came by this claim, but if I had the time I'd raise the advert with Trading Standards. If you care about a decent cup of coffee at all and you like friendly people, I recommend you try the new Arrezzo instead - a couple of doors down further towards the cross. See my review!

• Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice independant coffee shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place, cosy and quiet. Good coffee especially the latte and the service is friendly. You can find some sandwiches as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Food