“Worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Chester, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Booked table and went with friends for evening out. .. Good welcome, and taken table straight away, but had to wait half an hour before anyone took order for drink / food.. Staff very friendly but run off their feet . Apologetic about delay and even offered a bottle wine to compensate.
Food delicious and worth the wait ! Would certainly recommend a visit and would go again .!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

York, United Kingdom
“Lovely for. Fab staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had a voucher, £36 for food for 4 and 2 bottles of wine. Not only was it amazing value the food was cooked to perfection. Even though we were running late the staff didn't rush us and were helpful and friendly. If I was back in Chester I would definitely go back to Ellies.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Middelburg, The Netherlands
“Perfect Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I picked this restaurant because of the view it afforded of the cathedral, and sat outside for much of the same reason. It was very chilly, but they turned on the patio heating for me, and very gladly offered to wait on us out there or wherever we wanted to sit. The staff was gregarious and gave us local information and told us lots about the food on the menu -- offered to make me whatever I wanted whether it was on the menu or not.
We were surprised at the wide selection and everything on the menu looked creative and very interesting. It took me a while to make a decision, but I settled on the burger with blue cheese and avocado - It was rich and done just perfectly, with great curly fries. Husband had a chicken club with a sauce he loved. The portions were really quite generous compared to other places we've been lately. Don't order the regular chips though - we were unimpressed with those.
I think that the atmosphere would have been quite entertaining inside as well, and it looked really comfortable. Wine and beer selection was extensive as well. Over all it was a pleasure.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Poor, can improve”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant which I thought was rectory, the design of the place is poor and the toilets right next to the doors going out anybody can walkin and just go to the toilet, was going to have party there mid next month as my wife birthday but they shorted the area up stairs it looks a lot smaller, we looked at menu just tapas as we got six as part of a deal my daughter bought but personal I think it was not bad with the offer but if had no offer would not go as tapas is not much for what your paying,staff were nice, this guy At bar which think was the manager did not look interested.will not go again

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chester, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous Tapas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was drawn to this restaurant by a group-on offer, looked at the menu and it looked yummy.
We had 6 tapas between two and I have to say they were all beautiful. I can definately recommend the cajun lamb, ribs, prawns, scallops and goats cheese salad. They were well presented, the wait was not too long and the atmosphere was nice. The only thing I would say they could work on is the fact that the bar staff tend to look at you a bit blankly when you walk in - a friendly knowledgable face would be better. Also although they gave good service the staff did look a bit harrassed. Yes they were busy, but its only a small restaurant so they need to practice at least looking like they are calm and in control!
All in all I loved it and would go back.

• Visited March 2013