We were looking to spend our wedding anniversary in a hotel, so we could get some proper sleep since thie birth of our 1st child, 10 months ago. Obviously, one doesn't expect top quality from a holiday inn although as it's got a prime position next to teh racecourse, we did think it would be fairly swish.
Decor was tired and looked much older than the 4 years it's been open for. Ironically, we had a worse night's sleep at the hotel than at home with the child because: bed was soft and spongey with a disconcerting roll together (we are not fat people) and did not feel large enough for two people near six foot. The room got very hot in the night, so we had to open the window and suffer traffic belting past all night and drunk parties of people passing by.
Breakfast was a standard affair: mini (hard) pastries; ceral and sloppy scrambled egg that seemed to be passed over by most customers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse Hotel Chester
- Holiday Inn Chester
- Chester Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine good value with a great location at Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse, the only hotel within the racecourse's grounds.Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse is a completely non smoking hotel and just 5 minutes from Chester's historic city centre, putting quaint cobbled streets and an array of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Wake up to our complimentary breakfast and enjoy discounts on dinner at the racecourse's smart Restaurant 1539. You'll also benefit from complimentary onsite parking and complimentary wireless Internet in the hotel's public areas.We're a 5-minute drive from major companies in Chester Business Park, and 15 minutes from Deeside Industrial Park. You can hold training days for up to 25 people in Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's 2 meeting rooms. Feel free to plan your presentation in our 24-hour self-service Business Centre.We're the closest hotel to Chester Racecourse, making us an ideal choice for your day at the races. Soak up Chester's rich history with a stroll down picturesque Watergate Street where grand Georgian buildings nestle alongside fine antique shops. Explore the city's Roman walls to enjoy views over the Cheshire countryside.Ask our friendly staff about Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse's packages for discounted entry to local attractions. You can meet and mingle with friends at our bar at the end of a day's sightseeing.Please contact the hotel directly for group bookings and race day packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.