“weekend trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   The Racecourse on New Crane Street, Chester CH1 2LY, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 45 hotels in Chester
Lampeter, United Kingdom
“weekend trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

the parking was free and in the racecourse. the staff was very helpfull and the room was clean the breafast was very nice and everything was fresh . one night we did not fancy going out but the staff said no problem we can get a take a way of your to here . when the food was ready they phoned up to the room and i went down and picked it up

Room Tip: our room overlooked the racecourse exellent
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Scoullar, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse, it really is appreciated.

I believe it is important to use all reviews as a tool to improve the hotel services whilst keeping the things our guests love.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and your kind comments regarding the staff will also be passed on to my team who I am sure will be thrilled.

Unfortunately the Holiday Inn Express brand does not offer baths, however all rooms are fitted with power showers which receieve alot of praise from guests.

I hope you are able to visit Chester again soon, and I would love to be able to welcome you in the the near future.

622 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

The plus points are that the room was fairly cheap, there was plenty of free parking and it was an easy walk to the shops/bars/restaurants etc. The breakfast was ok, mainly continental with a couple of hot items. The room was clean but not massive. There was no bath but the shower was very good. Staff were helpful and checking in and out was quick and efficient. The worse thing for me was that the walls were literally paper thin! We could hear people in the room opposite from us so you can imagine how loud people sounded stumbling back late to their rooms! (Seemed to be a popular choice for hen do's!). All in all it suited our needs for a one night shopping trip and I would most likely stay again if I was travelling to Chester.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Scoullar, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday inn Express, Chester race course.

I'm please to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us however would like to apologise for the disturbance you had from the other guests. Our staff do regular floor walks so this should not have happened,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the cleanliness of the rooms and helpful staff

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the near future

Wetherby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Just got back from a hen weekend in Chester, I didn't actually choose the hotel, so was not sure what to expect, but when I arrived to join the party I was really pleasantly surprised, the hotel is in the racecourse grounds and only a short walking distance from the city centre, the rooms were spacious and had tea and coffee facilities, the bathroom had a shower but no bath but had shampoo and cleansing wash so ideal if you forget to bring any. The very reasonable price of the room included a continental breakfast which also provided some hot food and you could get hot drinks all day complimentary, overall I really do recommend this hotel, oh and one more thing free car parking for guests.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have good views of the racecourse or the cricket club
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Chester race course

I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for you kind comments regarding the rooms and breakfast.

Unfortunately the Holiday Inn Express' don't have baths like our sister hotel the Holiday Inn but I'm glad to see you enjoyed our power showers.

I'm look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the near future

Kind regards

Operations manager
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel is a few minutes walk away from the city centre so is great for shopping. We enjoyed a walk around the City Walls. Some renovation work to the reception area was being carried out whilst we stayed but it caused us minimal inconvenience. The hairdryer in the room was faulty and smelt of burning, we reported this and were given a replacement straight away. The breakfast isn't the best I've ever had but it was ok. Staff were friendly and helpful. We would stay again if visiting Chester.

• Stayed February 2013
Scoullar, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

The makeover of the ground floor is now complete and is looking great.

I am disappointed to find you were not impressed with our breakfast offering; unfortunately we are unable to offer a full cooked breakfast due to brand standards. We do however offer a great continental breakfast with hot offering of scrambled eggs, sausages and baked beans. All breakfast products are of a high quality sourced locally. Our eggs are free range and sausages sourced from a local butcher.

We would love to welcome you back to Chester in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is in a nice location on Chester Race Course. It is a very short walk to all local amenities including shops, tours, restaurants etc. The staff are very friendly & helpful & knowledgable about the area. Only disappointed with couple of things - the bed in the room was never made properly, the sheets on the bed were crumpled & lumpy. I stated here for 3 nights & every day I came back to my room I had to make the bed myself. Breakfast was good value - just the tables & cutlery were not clean & you had to do that yourself. More lighting in the rooms would go a long way!!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us at The Holiday Inn Express.

I am delighted with your positive comments regarding the staff, hotel and location. These will be passed on to the team who i am sure will be thrilled.

I am very disapointed to read that your bed hadnt been made throughout your stay, this should be carried out daily unless your do not disturb sign was displayed. I have passed on your comments onto the Head Housekeeper who will action this and provide the correct training.

Should you return to Chester in the near future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

ringmer
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Right on Chester racecourse. So this would be a perfect place for visit to a race day. As it was I was on business!! Very welcoming staff. Business meeting in restaurant area in the afternoon. Complimentary coffee on tap which was a plus as normally its £3 per cup anywhere else (if you are lucky). My room was right near the lift which was bit of problem with many of those retunring early morning from bar avoiding the stairs!!. Decent size room. Continental breakfast which does mean no bacon. So previous reviewers need to check booking details! It tends to be scrambled egg and continental sausage. Will stay again

Room Tip: Avoid 323 as close to lift and you can here it go up and down!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review regarding your time at the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am delighted to read your kind comments regarding the hotel, products and staff.

I am keen to use each review as a tool to enhance the hotels offerings whilst keeping the things our guests love.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer a full breakfast due to brand standards however we do offer a great continental breakfast with hot offering of scrambled eggs, sausages and baked beans. All products are of a high quality sourced locally.

I am delighted to read you will be returning to the hotel, should you need accommodation in the near future please do not hesitate to contact me.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Excellent location. Helpfull staff. Only downside being no Bacon at breakfast!!! Otherwise great.
Handy location for the town centre
Would definately use this hotel for a night out in Chester again without a doubt.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

I am delighted to read you have enjoyed your stay and have rated us 5 star, I will pass your kind comments onto the rest of the team who I am sure will also be thrilled.

I am sorry we are unable to offer bacon for breakfast we are limited to what we can offer due to brand standards. We do however offer a great continental breakfast with a hot offering of scrambled eggs, sausages and baked beans.

I hope you return to Chester in the near future and return to the Holiday Inn Express Chester Racecourse.

Operations Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chester-Racecourse? Share your experiences!