“Excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I visited with friends who all enjoyed the food as much as I did. The menu has a range of interesting options. I chose the karnatacka prawn curry which was delicious. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable about the food. This is the best Indian restaurant in Chester and is good value.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chester, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic South Indian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We have been meaning to go to Koconut Grove for a while and wish we had gone sooner. South Indian cuisine is quite different from your standard Indian restaurant offerings and was absolutely delicious. We shared papadums (very generous serving) before having Chilli Paneer and mixed pepper and red onion pakora - both very tasty. I was very excited at the prospect of having a masala dosa (South Indian 'pancake' stuffed with spicy potato and onion) - a rare treat in this country but they should be more widely available, but wasn't sure if it would be filling as a main. I wasn't disappointed - it was huge! The sambar, and other sauces that accompanied it worked really well together. My husband had the Kerala Fish curry, which he said was the finest curry he had had in a long time, with a great combination of flavours. Service at the restaurant is attentive, without being 'in your face.' The service wasn't rushed, and the atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. My only criticism was the artificial flowers and plants - granted they weren't the worse artificial plants I have seen, but I do have an aversion to them! The bill came and we were pleasantly surprised as we had also had drinks. If you enjoy a good curry and fancy somewhere a little different you won't be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Durham, United Kingdom
“Southern Indian Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Three nights in Chester we ate here for two of them we have only eaten South Indian food in Newcastle upon Tyne many years ago. First night the restaurant was quieter and the staff had plenty of time to explain the different things on the menu. Second night the restaurant was heaving and the food was equally as good and service excellent.The Dosa dishes here are to die for!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“The best Indian in Cheshire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

I have visited the Koconut grove many times and have never been disappointed.

The food is excellent always cooked to perfection and has lots of flavour.

My favourites are the kerela fish curry and the karnatacka prawn curry. The portions are generous and are good value for money.

The staff are very knowledgeable and friendly.

Can get very busy on a weekend so would advise others to book ahead.

Will be back very soon!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
chestet
“Mr”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I think this is the one of the best south indian and Indian restaurent,I had meal tonight in This restaurent with my 3friends,first things is verry cleaned good decorate and lovely staffs,we ordered masalafried fish and chicken65 and king prawn pepper fry spicy lamb roll as a starters it was amazing,main corse we order malabar lamb,nadan kozhi curry,kerala fish curry and kochin prawn,all food was delicious,we did really enjoy the environment and the musics and the staffs,I'm sure I will be back this restaurent again!