“Great family meal out!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Lacock, United Kingdom
“Great family meal out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

14 of us went for a meal out to celebrate a birthday and I really can't fault the Grosvenor Arms at all! The food was excellent and at a reasonable price - I think I found the best sticky toffee pudding I have ever had!! There were plenty of staff who were all helpful and attentive. I would firmly recommend to all.

Crewe, England, United Kingdom
“Rather to pretentious for us.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We called here for lunch on Sunday as it looked lovely from the outside. However, the food was a real disappointment. My husband and I had a steak ciabatta with 4 chips and a few lettuce leaves which was nearly £10 (each) and my daughter had pasta and a very basic tomato sauce which was £5.95 !!! Very expensive for mediocre fayre.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely way to spend a Sunday.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Group of 13, including 5 children. Nice weather so we sat outside. Food was good and tasty. No complaints from anyone. Good size garden but also a very useful football pitch and play ground at the back of the carpark.
Staff are very polite without being sickly.
Definitely go again.

greater london
“Beautiful setting for great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I picked this place because it was dog friendly for our family meet up. When we got there there were plenty of happy dogs and people. The garden area had a really a nice atmosphere before we even ordered anything. We sat in a booked table for nine that was in an area for dogs and we had plenty of space. The food was great as was the service. I have to compliment the chef of the choice of vegetables for the roast dinners. They were soooo tasty. We can highly recommend the Grosvenor Arms for a meal or just a drink.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Very good food - set up not really geared to larger parties”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Visited with a party of 9, there was a good atmosphere on a sunny Friday evening. The menu was wide ranging and the food we had was very good - the highlight was the pineapple, mango and passion fruit pavlova - which was a massive dessert and a real hit with the 4 people who ordered it.
My only gripe is with the set up - no table service for large parties - which meant I spent a large part of the evening at the bar ordering several rounds of drinks, starters/mains/ desserts/ coffee's. Even when we were one of only 2/3 tables remaining, I was still directed to the bar for our orders. This approach may be fine for 2/4 of you, but I would not come back with this number of people unless the Grosvenor flex their approach in a similar way to the Pant Yr Ochain (same chain) who do offer table service for larger parties.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere