First, I shall start with a tip: the hotel is a good few miles out of town; definitely a lengthy walk unless you are up for it. Get a taxi, they a numerous and reasonably priced. Approx £5.00 from hotel to town, one way. The reception will call one for you while you have a drink in the comfortable bar in the hotel. Note: get a phone number or a find the taxi office (ours was on bridge street) to order a return taxi as you can't just hail one.
The hotel itself although from the outside looks dated, the interior is modern. The rooms are clean and comfortable.
We stayed for dinner in the hotel which was ok, perhaps a little on the pricey side, but the food again was freshly cooked and very pleasant, and service was very friendly and quick.
I have only one problem about this hotel and that is the floor and walls are made from cardboard. I was on a ground floor room, and was aware that a coach party arrived late in the evening. The people occupying the room above must have been running laps around the room as incessant footsteps dragged long into the night, and began early in the morning! They must have been training for a marathon!
However, the stay was still pleasant. Staff were friendly. And the positives outweighed the negatives.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chester South Hotel Chester
- Holiday Inn Chester South Hotel
- Holiday Inn Chester
- Chester Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following a recent 1 million refurbishment the Junction Restaurant and Terrace Bar are now contemporary style. All public areas and bedrooms have full air-conditioning and Wi-Fi access has been installed. The hotel is non smoking. The Holiday Inn Chester South is ideally situated on the edge of the Roman City of Chester, located just off the A55 adjacent to Chester Business Park. This Chester hotel offers 143 bedrooms, all with Wi-Fi access. In an excellent location for both business and leisure visitors alike. Benefiting from immediate proximity to Chester and its attractions including Chester Races, Grosvenor Museum, Cathedral, Chester Zoo, Cheshire Oaks Outlet Village and Blue Planet Aquarium Holiday Inn Chester South provides an ideal visitor base, with a choice of accommodation including Standard, Executive and Accessible bedrooms.The Holiday Inn Chester South combines an excellent range of facilities for both Business and Leisure travellers including Kids Stay & Eat Free*. The hotel has a fully air conditioned gym, 15m heated swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi. Restaurant and Bar serving food and drink throughout the day and 24 hour room service. *Terms & Conditions apply. Please note that the hotel does not have a lift and the Restaurant, Function Suite and meeting rooms are allocated on the 1st floor.For accessible room contact the hotel direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Chester South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.