“A little dated, but usual Holiday Inn features partially redeem it.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Chester South

You added Holiday Inn Chester South to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Chester South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Wrexham Road, Chester CH4 9DL, England (Formerly Posthouse Chester)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Chester
Jersey
“A little dated, but usual Holiday Inn features partially redeem it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My room was a little dated and with some area looking a bit battered but the bed was really comfy and you always have a choice of pillows at Holiday Inn, which I really like. Staff were very helpful and check in was swift and efficient. The room was very cold and none of the heating was working; not the radiator, aircon or towel rail.... By the time I realised, I couldn't be bothered to change rooms.
Again, only one electrical socket where I had to keep swapping chargers etc; come on guys, at least swap it for a double!!
Breakfast was ok, plenty of choice and I really liked the pancake machine!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Linda1892,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of staff services, comfortable bedding and the breakfast quality. I am sorry about not having enough electric outlet as well as the cold temperature in your room. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort it may have caused you. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Lera P
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Rugby, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel was clean, tidy and very efficient. The rooms are very simple though and I wouldnt recommend them. The staff were excellent though and helpful in all ways. The breakfast was simple and I have had mufh better. I would have expected better for the price.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear panfluffy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the pricing structure prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights recently with our 2 children and thought it excellent value for money. Yes the exterior looks like a dated motel but inside the furnishings are clean and bright. Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly and when I realised I,d forgotten a facecloth one arrived at my room even before I,d walked back from reception. How,s that for good service ? We had two single beds in the room for kids which is much better than the usual double sofa bed in family rooms. We all slept soundly because of the sliding wooden shutters so there is no road noise or light from outside. Unusually it was also possible to turn off the radiator in the room to stop the room overheating. The breakfast buffet had a wide choice of food and the pancake machine was a real hit with the kids. The swimming pool too was never overcrowded, a great size and and depth and changing rooms were clean and modern. Considering what we,d paid and what we had expected we were really impressed and I think it would be hard to beat if you want a base in the area for a few days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a DBB and tickets to Chester Zoo package, booked directly with Holiday Inn, which was brilliant value for money and close to the zoo. When I made the booking I told them it was my daughters birthday that weekend and the staff really went the extra mile to make my daughter birthday extra special. They left balloons and a card in the room and on our table in restaurant. The food was good and the drinks not over priced. The leisure facilities were good and more importantly all clean. Our room was a decent size family bedroom. But it was the service of the staff that made our weekend away so lovely. They were all very friendly and welcoming. I agree with other reviews that the exterior of the hotel could do with a face lift but please do not judge the hotel by it's first impressions. Inside it's clean and fairly modern. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a family weekend away in Chester.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Newport, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Was expecting a little more from this hotel, it being a Holiday Inn as compared to the Chester Holiday Inn Express, which I satayed in the previous month.

On driving up to the hotel, first impressions were that it looked a bit shabby and run down and could do with an exterior face-lift.

Interior of the hotel was OK, as was the breakfast, but by the time I went into the dining room, there were not many tables left which were ready for me to sit down at as many still had the plates etc from previous diners, still not cleard off.

Location is a few miles outside the city centre, so a car is essential.

Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Andy_and_Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate that this experience was not in line with what you've come to expect from the Holiday Inn name. We take all of the reviews we received very seriously. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I travelled for 12 hours to get to this hotel. Arriving at 18:30 I was very hungry and thirsty. Couldn't get a seat in the restaurant until after 20:30 so went to the bar to get a drink and some bar food. I queued for 20 minutes before giving up and going to my room - the bar man was making smoothies or milk shakes, individually, for a large group of kids who were in the bar area.
My room was at the opposite end of the building from the reception and it seemed like I had to walk for ages to reach the room.

Receptionist was very sympathetic to my situation but there was nothing she could do about it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Ray C,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the bar service and room allocation. Your comments are important to us to ensure we are constantly focused on improving our service and we hope we can demonstrate to you our commitment to value and service.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. If your travel brings you to the area in the future, we hope you give us another chance.

Zelyn N
Mansfield, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This has to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The rooms were laid out in a maze and we walked forever to get to our room, only to find out that if we wanted ice we had to walk all the way back and try to get some from the bar. The bartender really seemed put out when I asked for ice and then only gave us a bit in the bucket. There were areas in the hallway where you had to avoid walking in certain spots or you would trip in the hole under the carpet. The hotel did not seem very clean and the room we were in was very out dated. I laid towels on the couch before sitting on it because it looked like it carried every germ that ever passed through there. You could tell it was where a lot of coach tours stopped and they concentrated on that as their main business. I will not be staying there ever again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Chester South, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear grapeeyes,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments online. We appreciate you taking the time to help us improve our guest services.

I am disappointed to read that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had and for the shortfalls you have encountered. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Chester South? Share your experiences!