“At last a decent curry house in Chester!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Cheshire uk
“At last a decent curry house in Chester!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We only just heard about the Barton rouge but apparently it has been open for 2 years. We booked a table for 2 on a Saturday and it was extremely busy do you can't just turn up. Good and service was smacking- best I've tasted in Cheshire! I thought it would be expensive but actually £40 for 2 is very reasonable.

Colchester, United Kingdom
“We finally did it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

After year of going to Chester twice a year and never finding a good indian we did it!! And it far surpassed our expectations and experiences of the 5 we all rated it the best indian we had ever experienced. And we have tried from Suffolk to Derbyshire, Leics to Northants ... The menu was so extensive it was difficult to choose - the fish shashlik was tried all around and was raved about. I had the King Prawn Saag... Oh my word the king prawns were enormous and cooked to perfection.
Could not rate the food any higher, any of us.
Service lovely

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wirral
“Fabulous atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Myself and two friends dined here on Thursday the 27th of February
This has got to be one of the best indian curry restaurants going
The food and atmosphere is excellent.
Nothing is to much trouble and its the small things that matter when your eating
I was struggling with lifting my curry to put on my plate due to my medical condition I did not have to ask for help
they were there straight away and served it for me.
I had the chicken tikka balti jalfreizi which is lovely
My friends had different dishes and they agreed the quality was brilliant
We all waited a while for the food to arrive proof that its all as fresh as can be reassuring to any diners
I cannot fault the service or the quality of the food its not cheap but that old saying you get what you pay for certainly applies here

• Visited February 2014
Dutton, United Kingdom
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I was a bit circumspect about visiting this place given that so many reviewers have complained about atrocious service, lengthy waiting times and tables not being ready for reservations etc.

With this in mind, we visited at 17:30 on Sat 1 March which was as soon as they were open, the thinking being that it would be quite quiet at such an hour and thus we wouldn't be kept waiting (and thus have to run through the gamut of being mildly irked then rather cross and lastly electrified with rage, in the event of tardiness becoming evident).

We were the only people in there for a fair while and during that time a large number of waiting staff appeared to be in circulation. I have no complaints about the service, it was inefficient and the courses arrived promptly.

The starters were good if a bit pricey (£5.50 for mixed kebab), although the chicken tikka was rubbery and dry (obviously reheated from the previous evening, rather than freshly prepared). The main courses were exceptional, though, lamb jagpuri went down a treat. Just the right amount of spice. The Wife went for Hyderabadi ghost (lamb with ginger) which was similarly agreeable.

The bill amounted to £56, which is a bit more than I'd expect to pay in a curry house, though this can in part be ascribed to a relatively expensive bottle of Pinot Noir being ordered. Moreover, the chilli naan was a rather eye-watering £3.50.

All things considered this was a very good experience. I gather from reading other reviews from diners who were present later that night, that service deteriorated considerably. So my advice would be that if you intend to go, then go early. I'll definitely give it another try, but will make a point of avoiding busy times.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Chester
“Lovely food but let down by service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

It felt chaotic....pop and starters were v quick but we waited ages for our mains. Not enough staff so atmosphere felt chaotic. I asked for a glass of water 3 times before getting one! Shame as food delicious.

• Visited February 2014