“Disappointing curries” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #78 of 376 restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: 2011 Award Winning Restaurant (Best curry award in chester)2011 Awarded highest ranking indian in chester in food and hygiene
Chester
“Disappointing curries”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Such good reviews here... but I've had 3 curries here over the last 18 months or so and each one has been disappointing:

(1) The Lamb Balti was sweet and sickly; totally unlike a balti should be.
(2) The Lamb Jalfrezi had hardly any lamb in it and the bits that were in it were chewy.
(3) The Madras was insipid. How the hell can you make a bland Madras?

OK, so I've been out-voted by the Korma lovers in my house two times now!

Next time we ARE going somewhere else!

• 2 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I have been told about this restaurant by some friends and it is tremendous one of the best Indian restaurants I have visited, food was just brilliant and so was the service I felt very welcome, I will defiantly be coming back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A little piece of Heaven.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Another fantastic meal. This our favourite place to go to. If you want mouth watering food impeccable service and a warm welcoming atmosphere this is definitely worth a visit. I can't stress how good the food is. The lads here work really hard both in the kitchen and at the front. Thanks again guys another job well done. See you next week :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southport, United Kingdom
“What an experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This place has got it spot on. From the welcoming service to the beautiful decor and mouthwatering dishes on offer, it was truly a pleasure to spend an evening with friends at such a great venue. See you again next Saturday!

London, England, United Kingdom
“MEAN PORTIONS AND NO GOODWILL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My family and I used to rate this place, but I think they're resting on their laurels these days.
On more than 3 occasions we have ordered chicken tandoori. When we sit in to eat we get a leg and a breast piece. When we order he same thing as takeaway, we almost invariably get 2 leg pieces!!! I have had to complain to the manager numerous times

Tonight I got a takeaway chicken biryani, and for the £6 odd that I paid, I am barely full. The quantity of chicken was mean, which spoilt the dish, as the spices were nicely balanced.
I wanted a single popadum to go with it (only 1!), but had to cancel it from the order when they wanted to charge me an extra £2 for 1 popadum and pickle. Bad business sense, and mean attitude which is not appreciated.

This is a place where customer loyalty seems to count for nothing, and one feels insulted by the inferior quality of the takeaway dishes.

Sorry, Indian Brasserie, but you won't be getting any more business from the Taylor family - which is a shame because you were our nearest Indian.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere