“Delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I struggle to get my favourite breakfast in Chester anywhere, other than on RaceDay but a little trip to Baked at the start of a Road Trip to York made my weekend!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

chester
“can't believe they let the chef leave”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I simply can't believe the up and coming chef has left Baked, I need to know where he has gone as his food is worth following - a considerable and detrimental loss to Baked - a good chef is hard to find - cooks a\re ten a penny and bring little inspiration witht them -

Visited April 2013
Chester, UK
“Don't eat here if you're vegetarian, kosher or halal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I live locally and have always enjoyed the food here - until now. I went for a "soup & sandwich" lunch. Mushroom soup & cheese ploughmans sandwich. The food came and I had to send it back - the soup was cold and the cheese sandwich had ham in it. So far; so acceptable - mistakes are easily made.

However I explicitly explained when sending back that I don't eat meat - and therefore could a fresh sandwich be made please rather than just removing the ham. I was assured it would. Imagine my horror when I took a closer look at the returned sandwich - a small amount of ham fat remained. I went back to the front desk and pointed out the problem, asking for my money back. I was angry and upset; and yes they did return my money. But they did not acknowledge that the behaviour of the chef was unacceptable in any way. Such a shame - but I will not be back. And I would encourage anybody else who cares about these things to avoid too.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Half-baked”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

As with other reviews, this venue and staff have an over inflated self worth! We went in at Saturday lunch time where we saw an elderly gentleman being ejected for taking too long (not a good sign). The staff seemed quite inept at their role seeing as this is not a cheap eatery by anyone's imagination. I ordered the special ( pulled pork) and returned to my seat. 10 minutes later I was told that they hadnt made it yet! I then ordered eggs florentine which arrived quite promptly only for their poached eggs to be extremely vinegary. My partners goat cheese and onion chutney pannini was saturated in onion with a measly amount of goats cheese! Guess what? Just as we had taken our last bite we were asked politely to move on! Worst £15 spent on brunch ever! VERY POOR SERVICE AND FOOD ST A JUMPED UP 'BOHEMIAN' CAFE. Its an overpriced cafe no more than that.

Visited April 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Veggie Breakfast ? cooked in what type of Fat ?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I HAVE TRIED TO GO INTO THIS CAFE COUPLE OF TIMES ON A SATURDAY - Always busy after 11 - went in today thought i was `LUCKY`
We ordered a veggie break + scrammbled eggs/toast
my husband, vegaterian of 30 years, straight away said that his mushrooms toms and vegi sausage tasted as if they had been cooked in `animal` based fat or maybe shared a pan with meaty products ?
my husband asked me - a meat eating woamn - to taste test and i had to agree the fat smell and taste was pretty rancid - as if used over and over ?
we did complain - even though we are english - we were offered the same food - a `replacement` which was a bit daft as our stomachs were churning we really just needed to get outside and spew !
VEEGIE`S PLEASE BEWARE - TAKE CARE - BEFORE EATING HERE.

• Visited March 2013