A lovely surprise Christmas present (groupon offer), on arrival the staff were really helpful and friendly, the room was ideal as it was on the ground floor in a quieter part of the hotel (room 35). the room was lovely, very clean and with all en suite facilities, which included an iron and ironing board, which came in very useful. We dined at Marco Pierre whites steakhouse which was absolutely beautiful, receiving a glass of champagne on arrival, the staff where the nicest staff I have ever dealt with, very friendly and helpful and the food was excellent, our compliments to the chef. We didn't use the bar facilities in the hotel as we didn't leave Marco's till late. Before we dined we used the spa facilities which were included free in the package, what a lovely place, a lovely pool and the Jacuzzi was absolutely heavenly with the added surprise of the hidden outdoor waterfall Jacuzzi, I didn't want to come out , the sauna was great but too hot for me as well as the steam room. Towels were provided and slippers. the changing rooms are communal with a couple of baby change rooms which can be used if you prefer your privacy. The showers have shampoo and body wash, alongside a garment spinner to spin your wet costumes, bags are then provided to keep them separate from your dry clothes.
Breakfast in the brassiere was lovely, its self service so you just help yourself to as much as you want, everything was piping hot. and a good choice the chef made my eggs to order as a special request and was more than happy to help, he even gave me some cooking tips and suggestions. to help with my diet.
check out was a doddle, the bill was already posted through our door early in the morning of departure and everything was correct, they already had our credit card details so we just had to sign and leave with receptionist, this made it a hundred times quicker than queuing.
I cant wait to visit the hotel again as we loved every minute.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the outskirts of historic Chester surrounded by twelve acres of landscaped gardens, this elegant hotel provides luxurious accommodation only a few minutes from the city centre. This carefully restored 18th-century manor house beautifully combines the past and the present, offering modern comforts and conveniences with traditional styling and decor. The hotel's outstanding facilities include, Grade II listed conservatory, a stunning Club and Spa and a Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Chester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Chester Hotel Chester
- Hilton International Chester
- Chester Hilton International