“Spa afternoon” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
UK
“Spa afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I did not stay overnight in this hotel, but I booked a spa afternoon which included a treatment. The treatment was a massage and it was very nice, the staff are all very polite and professional. The facilities at this hotel are wonderful and there is a lovely pool of a decent size as well as a very large jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room.

The spa was not that busy considering it was a Sunday afternoon, but I suspect it is often frequented by people not staying in the hotel, so it will never be fully quiet.

We also ate at the lounge bar and I found the food very good and they had large portions.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Kirsty M, Guest Relations at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking out some time to share a review with us on your recent visit to our Club and Spa.

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful afternoon with us and enjoyed your massage along with the faclities in the spa area.

We hope that you can come back to us, and all the team look forward to seeing you again.

Kirsty Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was our 2nd stay and one of the only uk hotels I have been able to sleep in ! we Stayed for 2 nights , a wedding did take plac but did not create any noise. very close to city centre, great staff, service and quiet rooms.

Room Tip: above reception was quiet at night.
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I am pleased to see that yet again, you had a lovely stay and a good nights sleep!

It is geat to hear that the staff were all friendly throughout the stay and despite there being a function taking place, you were not disturbed.

We hope that you can come back and stay again soon, and all look forward to welcoming you back.

Kirsty Mratin
LL18 2TE, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

A returning visit. Excellent service. Fantastic facilities. Lovely pool and steam rooms. Highly recommended for the quality and value with in the area. A little out of the city center so a car or taxi needed for commuting.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I firstly e-mailed and rang the spa leaving a voice message and there was no response. I rang the hotel and got through to someone called Allie who was helpful, efficient and booked in the treatments and tried to organise an early check in then rang to say this was no problem otherwise my daughter and her friend would be sat for 2 and a half hours doing nothing.

Arriving at the hotel on daughters birthday we are told they cannot accommodate early check in so I ask that if they could try and honour the early check in and guests leave at 12, 1pm should be fine.

Massage which was meant to be the hour long Elemis massage, but is finished at 12.45 taken for manicure which again fell about 15 minutes short of the half hour in a cold room. By this time it's 1.15 and I wait with my daughter for her manicure, same cold room although they do spend the right amount of time.

Told to sit in the dream waves room but it was full of dirty glasses and cups, and frankly absolutely filthy. The robes were threadbare and it was all a bit grimy.

I then at about 2pm go back to reception and ask if the rooms are ready, still no, girls are sitting on the dirty reception sofa and I think no, not doing that for an hour so she then finds two clean rooms that are meant to be together, bearing in mind this request was sent over a month ago and even if you take into account a guest staying till 12, two hours later still not ready?

Finally get into rooms at 2.30pm and wait for girls to be able to go swimming, go down girl at reception is on the phone and makes no acknowledgement of our presence..for a good 5-10 minutes, then asked for the 'paper bit that goes with your room key, you could have just walked in off the street having kept the key from last time' firstly, if I was going to have a little flirt with danger, gaining fraudulent entry to the Double tree spa is not on my list plus the sign saying this was on the front of the open sign on book, which faces the counter, why you imagine people can't keep the piece of paper from 'last time' is beyond me, also the same girl saw us in the morning while paying for treatments. I did tell her how let down I was by the entire experience, check in, spa, treatments and the pool had thumping dance music and was again just the wrong side of clean.

I didn't particularly want a 'discussion' regarding this all at the time as it would have not been nice for my daughter.

This is the e-mail sent to the hotel over a fortnight ago and the response was we will look into it. That's it. I didn't post this review until now as I didn't want a reply stating I had not given them an opportunity to apologise. We paid nearly £400 for this 'experience' not including breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013
Kirsty M, Guest Relations at Doubletree by Hilton Chester, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in relation to your recent stay.

It disappoiints me to read that you left the hotel feeling less than satisfied. I do believe that our spa manager has contacted you directly to discuss your comments further.

We hope that despite any shortfall in servcie here, you will consider staying with us again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My sister booked a spa day to celebrate her daughter's 21st, after us enjoying a New Year's Eve stay at the hotel and spa. It was a lovely day with facials and lunch included. We were met with a glass of bubbly and the treatments were fantastic. I had been to a different spa the week before and this treatment blew the other out of the water. Lunch was a relaxed affair enhanced by the attention of Tiffany, making it a lovely enjoyable experience and as much part of our day as the treatments. The 'spa journey' makes this spa a bit more special than the average and the only disappointment was that the Watsu hydrotherapy pool was closed, as this is part of the big attraction of this Hilton spa. As the main pool was in use for water aerobics we had to wait for peace and quiet and a swim.Afte, we returned to the relaxation room with bean bags and the sounds of whales or dolphins. We had to drag ourselves back home at the end of the day, almost too relaxed to drive. A special day we will remember. Kindly, after the disappointment of the Watsu pool being closed we were given a voucher for free use of the facilities when it is open again. You can't say fairer than that and we look forward to it.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments about your recent spa day with us.

It is fantastic to read that you all has such a lovely day with us celebrating your niece's 21st birthday!

I am pleased that you enjoyed your treatments, and that despite the watsu area being closed, you all still managed to relax and have now got the opportunity to come back to us again.

We all look forward to seeing you again.

cheshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We arrived to a warm welcome at the reception and they remembered my partners birthday which was nice. when we got to our room we discovered our 'king size bed' was actually two singles pushed together and dressing in king size bedding - not so comfy when lying in the middle of the bed! we then went to the hotels own restaurant and got told the next table was an hours wait - when we went back we were seated and ordered - i ordered breaded chicken with home made linguine with a parmesan sauce and asparagus - when it came 5 minutes after ordering (obviously pre cooked! ) it was horrible! there was a brown sauce all over the food which tasted like fish which i dislike. My partner had steak which was served with onion rings - when asked to exchange these with chips he was told they couldn't do it despite them being the same price! we had to order them separate. The bill for this at the end was £50! I reluctantly gave it to them despite it being disgusting as i knew they wouldn't do anything to help. I felt as though we had been discriminated because of our ages (17 and 19). I most definitely wouldnt stay here again. the shower head was gross and the standards weren't as good as they deemed it to be. awful stay - never again.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share a review in relation to your stay.

I am disappointed to read that you left the hotel feeling less than satsfied with the experience, in particular the meal you had in our hotel Brasserie, please accept my sincerest apologies if the meal was not up to our usual standard, I will pass your comments back to the restaurant manager.

We hope that depsite the shortfall in service, you would give us the opportunity of proving that we can provide a relaxing stay by returning to us again in the future, and we would all look forward to welcoming you back.

Burnley, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

stayed for 1 night surprise for my wife room clean with large bed visited gym steam and sauna rooms and pools fab booked in resturant good service fab food breakfastyummie all you needed and allthe staff friendly and helpful great

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay.

It pleases me to read that you had a fabulous time with us, and found all staff to be friendly and helpful throughout your stay, I will be certain to pass your thanks on to the team here at the DoubleTree.

We all hope you can come back and stay with us again soon, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kirsty Martin

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Chester? Share your experiences!