“great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 45 hotels in Chester
upton pontefract uk
“great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

just stayed for 4 nights midweek got a great room in the kings wing massive bed lovely bathroom with separate walk in shower, fabulous breakfast and the most courteous staff you could ever meet nothing was too much trouble. Cannot wait to return

1,455 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Rotherham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We arrived late morning and went to the car park to check for any space. We found spaces and decided to put the car in the car park straight away taking advantage of the 24 hour parking charge.
We were too early to check in so we went straight to the city centre, about a 10 min. walk. We spent the day exploring the city centre and a walk round the city walls.
We booked an executive double room at the Queens. When we arrived we were given an executive room in the Kings which is located behind the Queens and connected by a covered walkway to the Queens. The staff on reception were very helpful and friendly, we were offered assistance taking our luggage (1 bag) to our room.
Our room was small and compact but kitted out to a high standard.
We didn't eat in the hotel at night but the dining room and bar in the Kings did look inviting. The breakfast was buffet style with a large selection of hot food. A selection of fruit, cereals, toast and muffins were available as well.
Overall our stay was excellent.

Southwold Suffolk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed recently. Nice room and good food in the bar, but spoilt by the fact that we couldn't have a shower the next morning as the water was cold! Mentioned it on check out to reception who seemed surprised, but after reading other reviews, they quite clearly have a problem and know it. Shame as it was a good location, but wouldn't risk it again.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel on 2nd November in room 205. The room was very dated, clearly not refurbished in the last 30 years. I didn't mind too much about this, although it did smell of an old damp cloth. It was the bed that was the worst ever! It was so old and the mattress needed to be taken to the tip many years ago, it was saggy, lumpy and the springs stuck through. I would request that the management try to spend a night in this room/bed and then consider that guests are paying to sleep there!
I am a good sleeper, but this bed really did challenge this. I woke frequently through the night and awoke with aches all over, with still reside today (4th). I slept with the bed cushion rather than the pillows as these were just too lumpy to rest my head on, and I'm afraid the dovet was of the same undesirable vain.
It appears from the reviews that all the rooms at this hotel are not like this, but if you are unlucky enough to get one, then please reflect on my experiences.
I did mention my experience to the reception staff on checkout, and was told that they would inform housekeeping! I suggested that the state of the bed and room was well outside housekeepings remit!
We walked past the Premier Inn with envy!
I have never done a review before, but I feel that people should be made aware that if they are given one of these rooms, please request a change of room

Room Tip: Not room 205
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed in this hotel the other day and the only thing we can say is that it was overpriced with horrendous cold showers and absolutely unhelpful staff. Maybe it is our bad luck but when we tried to take a shower in the morning we couldn't get anything out of it but a feeble stream of barely warm water. We contacted the reception and they supposedly sent someone to check the shower but after 15 minutes of waiting we decided to move on and contacted them again not to bother. Still this guy knocked on the door and was sent away. As we were staying for one night and didn't expect anything more than a good bed and a shower the hotel failed us exactly on 50% of the offering. Charging us handsomely for that. Unacceptable.

Broughton N.wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We have just had the pleasure of using the Queen hotel for the marriage of our daughter, for both the wedding ceremony and reception.
My wife and some friends stayed over on the Friday night, soaking up the occasion, they had an evening meal in the Kings restaurant which was thoroughly enjoyable.
Our room was on the top floor of Kings, looking out over Chester and giving a view of the Welsh mountains, It was quiet, very well furnished, clean and had a teddy bear for sale for £6 which our grandson later found and prised £6 out of us.
Caroline the wedding planner and Louise, the toast master worked closlely with my wife in setting up all the novalties that go with a wedding , making useful suggestions to things we hadn't thought of. I found them to be both very professional, very friendly and always had a smile on their face.
Simon the general manager, I found very attentive and helpful, I felt all the staff were genuinely interested in making this a very special day for everyone. Nothing seemed too much trouble, and I am extremely thankful to them.
My wife and I felt they were in total control of the event, The food at the reception was excellent, we have had no feed back from any guests of a negative nature,
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for a wedding venue/reception.

Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently stayed at your hotel on business trip and arrived Sunday evening feeling very dishevelled and quite unwell.

Mark (Reception) and Gareth Owen were very attentive, showed real concern for my well being and were exceptionally helpful and went beyond what I had a right to reasonably expect as a guest.

As a result of their superb customer care I will have no hesitation in recommending your hotel to others travelling to the Chester area and will be booking in myself when on subsequent business trip.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Premier Queen Hotel? Share your experiences!