“Comfortable & Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 45 hotels in Chester
Sydney, Australia
“Comfortable & Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

As the title says this hotel is both comfortable and convenient. It's next door to the station and a 2min walk from the centre. Without being special the hotel is more than comfortable. My room was perfectly clean and I had adequate space in my room. The room contained all your usual things you'd expect. I was particularly impressed with the furniture.

I can't pick any faults with the place. Unlike previous comments I found the reception staff were friendly and efficient upon my arrival/departure

Happily use again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

1,457 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Reasonable hotel spoiled by insincere, lazy reception staff.
My room was too hot due to a faulty radiator valve. I complained twice about this, but nothing was done. Long days followed by restless nights, even with the window wide open, made this stay unbearable.
I suggest that if you want anything done here you make a very large fuss.
No apology was given on checkout.

• Stayed October 2012
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I booked 5 twin rooms for a weekend to celebrate my sisters 50th birthday which were all upgraded very impressively to the kings rooms. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we felt welcomed and valued even though we arrived wearing silly hats and progressed, later in the evening to police/robbers dress up for the evening. Breakfast was amazing so much choice. Reception staff very helpfull and happy, even the housekeeping staff joined in with our fun (very rare i have stayed in alot of hotels all over the world)
The service of the concierge Ewan was exemplarily being most helpful with information for city tour buses, local interests, not forgetting, how to get to (for some of us) THE SHOPS.
We will certainly visit again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Having read the reviews from other previous stayers I was looking forward to my stay here. The room I had on the second floor was very small and although it was a double two people would have struggled in this space. My heating was not on but a hot water pipe ran through the room which made it extremely hot to sleep in and it was then difficult to sleep with the window open because there was a lot of traffic and standing buses with running engines outside. I had a clock with the temperature on it and through out the night it did not go down to less than 25 degrees !
I really would of expected a better standard of cleaning in a 4 star hotel but it was not of a good standard at all and the pillows smelt.
The staff were a mixture of conscientious and indifferent which is a real shame because this hotel could be so much better with it's wonderful history and decor.
At breakfast I asked for soya milk but they did not have any. In this day and age this request is not that unusual a request and in fact the waiter said he had been asked for it that morning already.
The 'fitness suite'....why oh why do hotels insist on calling this type of minute space a fitness suite??? It is room with a few pieces of CV equipment and nothing else. There weren't even any towels or fresh water in this space !!
All in all staying here was an interesting experience but maybe you need to upgrade to get the full experience because I certainly didn't.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

just spent a long weekend in chester staying at the queen hotel, the hotel is very nice and all the staff are very helpful, the kings quarters restaurant serves excellent food and is well worth a visit.breakfast was very tasty with lots of choice, next time we visit chester we will stay at the queen, my only gripe is the cost of the hotel carpark at £15 a night expensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Queen Hotel was selected by our agents for a week-long visit by our group. The staff managed very calmly and efficiently despite us arriving at the same time as another group.
Members had a delightful stay and were particularly appreciative of the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff and the good food we enjoyed. I have no heistation in recommending Queen Hotel to other groups.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We got married here Sat 16th June 2012. What a fabulous hotel for a wedding! From our very first meeting with the wedding planners we knew this hotel was the right choice. The staff there are so professional and can't do enough to help you, from our food tasting with Paul, who was so nice, right through to the actual day. We had Louise as our toast master on the day and she really went above and beyond to help us with anything we needed, we can't praise her enough, thankyou! The whole day went without a hitch and the team of staff they have there are amazing. We stayed in the Lilly Langtree suite which was huge and really clean with a great balcony view of the gardens. We would definatley recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a wedding venue!! *****

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Premier Queen Hotel? Share your experiences!