“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for a conference in Sept 2012. When arriving at the hotel, which is right opposite the Train Station, was greeted by the concierge and General Manager..
Was given a King Room which was very clean and modern, the bed and bathroom was very nice.
Would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

All 142 members of the party were all of the same opinion and that was - what a fantastic weekend.
Everything about it was excellant, food , wine ,staff and managment were outstanding.
The quality of the hotel especially the Kings Suite was extremely good,
Although postioned just outside the city centre the ease in which you accessed the centre was not a draw back at all, easy walking distance and a regular bus service from outside the hotel(every 7 mins) made the location ideal, free with a bus pass.
Did we enjoy our stay - we will be back, all 142 of us.
Being opposite the railway station is a bonus if you do not want to use the car.
Like all city centre hotels there is a car parking charge but it is not excessive.

Room Tip: The Kings Suite is modern and all the rooms have A/C which not all the rooms in the original buildin...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed in the Kings suite and the room was beautiful, with lovely views over the city of Chester. The bathroom had a double shower and bath big enough for two! The bed was very comfy and there were plenty of pillows for those who like more than one. The room came equipped with a TV and ipod dock and plenty of tea and coffee.

We had a meal in the Kings bar and grill. The staff were very attentive to our needs and the food was fantastic. We would definitely recommend the steaks, very flavoursome!

We had breakfast the next day and there was so much choice, we didn't know where to start. We would definitely recommend a stay in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference in Sept 2012. On arrival the concierge was lovely!!! I couldn't find anywhere to park and he directed me to a car park across the road from the hotel, he then looked to my back seat noticing that I had a suitcase in the car and offered to take it in for me this was such a nice gesture as I would have struggled to carry it across. My room was in the original building looking out onto the main road, I couldn't hear any traffic at all though. My room was a little small but I was staying on my own so was plenty of room for just me! The hotel is a beautiful building with lots of quirky little statues and features. I would definitely bring my husband back here and enjoy a leisure break rather than staying for business.

• Stayed September 2012
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

we stayed in a kings room in the hotel,the rooms are beautiful appointed with everything you need to have a relaxing stay. the bed was soooooo comfortable and the bathroom was lovely with a double shower and a deep bath. The staff were so helpful,nothing was to much trouble, we had our evening meal in the kings resturant where the food was excellent,but be warned the £15 for overnight parking is some what excessive but u can park for less than half of this in the station car park or for £2.90 round the corner where you buy 2 tickets for an overnight stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
great malvern
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Perfect stay here.

I found the staff very friendly, hospitable and nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them, which is a refreshing change! They helped me with my bags to my room, and again the next morning: it was nice that they had remembered. When I left the next day the young man who was there offered to assist me to the train station. What more can you ask for?

The hotel itself is beautiful in the old part, the management have clearly spent a lot of time ensuring it does not loose its charm.

The room itself was comfortable, spotlessly clean, and the bathroom was large. No noise in the evening which meant I was well prepared for my meetings the next day.

The food was also great, and the barmen at the cocktail bar very cheerful and keen to please. I would suggest eating in the Kings Restaurant as there is the choice of an al a carte menu.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here for one night for a family wedding. I stayed with my wife and two kids. 130 pounds for one night. Upon arrival we were greeted by very friendly staff. Ww booked in very quickly. Our room was at the rear of the hotel. We were offered assistance with bags but thought we could manage. This is an older hotel. The lift was tiny and hardly had enough room for myself and my case. My wife and kids walked to the room. The room we were given had to be accessed by a stair case. There was no lift access to the floor we stayed on. Access was particularly easy. The staircase was quite narrow and anybody was vertigo might find it difficult. My daughter was unable to walk to the room having suffered a vertigo attack (THIS CLEARLY IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE HOTEL). We took a look at the room anyway but sadly one of the three beds had not been made up!. The room was also quite dark. It had a tiny window. I wouldn't describe it as being worth 130.00 pounds per night. It needed redecorating and brightening up. We spoke to the hotel reception and they arranged for us to be moved to a room just above reception on 1st floor, which was better. The bathroom was clean but not finished to a particularly high standard. The bath had numerous chips and dents in it. The beds were comfortable enough. The carpets needed renewing and looked a little worn. The room had a slightly old/musty smell. Nothing particularly bad but noticeable. The bar areas were comfortable and the room we used for the wedding reception was very pleasant and modern. The hotel is ideal for access to Chester railway station and the city centre. My kids both enjoyed the breakfast which was included in the price of the room. Guests at the wedding all seemed very happy with the food. Secure parking was 15 pounds for 24 hours.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Premier Queen Hotel? Share your experiences!