“Warm atmosphere, good food.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #107 of 411 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
North Wales
“Warm atmosphere, good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Planned to go to Carluccio's last week, using my 2 for 1 voucher, but it wouldn't print out. We'd booked so called anyway and was immediately reassured that we could have the offer without the voucher.

As always at lunch time, it was very busy and the tables are a little close together. However, that didn't detract from our enjoyable lunch. I had my favourite pasta with the spinach balls and we had a decent glass of wine each.

I have visited Carluccio's in Manchester and in Cardiff. Enjoyed on each occasion.

Visited January 2014

Chester
“A chef's evening”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Usual good standard. Staff attentive and helpful. Some of the staff were conducting a course in cooking at the back of the restaurant. This did not detract in any way from our enjoyment of the meal.

Visited November 2013
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Lovely Lunch Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We stopped there on 27th December after a good shopping session. We were hungry and were not disappointed by the food. We had the bread and breadstick with Parma ham for nibbles, absolutely gorgeous with nice Parmesan.
For main my boyfriend had the Fritos miso and I had the carbonara.. We both found it very nice though we had better Fritos miso and it was normal mayonnaise and not the traditional aioli that was served.
We didn't have desert but coffee and it was actually very nice and strong.
I do not give 5 stars cos I thought the place was too crowded and our table was awkwardly placed but the service was very nice and the decor very welcoming. Would definitely go back!

Visited December 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Expensive but delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Delicious food however expensive, with an Italian family I was able to make the meal I had for half the price at home. Good service and lovely atmosphere

Visited January 2014
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Having had breakfast here last year and really enjoying it, upon returning to Chester we booked for an evening meal. What a great experience! We sat in the centre of the restaurant which is a bistro style layout, just so I could be nosey and see everything that was going on. You can see the food preparation and servery, watch the waiters preparing thing for delivery and also see out into the street. The food choice was very good, I had intended to have only a main course but the selection was so inviting that this soon adjusted to two and then three courses. The waiter who attended was knowledgeable, courteous and very attentive, explaining a couple of dishes that were new to us and advising of a few menu changes. When my calamari starter arrived my wife decided to 'taste' it, the waiter soon appeared with a fork and plate for my wife, which only encouraged her further! Finishing off the meal with a delicious coffee there was no rush by the staff for us to leave. The activity in the restaurant and the background music created great ambiance and we dawdled over coffee for some time. I am slightly disabled and the restaurant is very disabled friendly with a ground floor toilet and free disabled parking outside in the evenings. All in all first class.

• Visited January 2014