“Nicer during the day for food” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“Nicer during the day for food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This place is a lovely wine bar doing pub food. It's particularly nice during the daytime; we also went on a Friday night and it gets a bit noisy and more pub-like. Food is pretty good too.

Pontefract, United Kingdom
“delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

stumbled upon this restaurant while looking for another one !! will definitely return, food was superb, tasteful decor, attentive staff, reasonable prices ........ what more could you ask from a restaurant?

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic service as usual! Staff the best and nothing too much trouble! Slightly disappointed with cheesecake as base a bit soggy. I would of expected better for the high price, but customer service excellent cant fault it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Saved our night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Cannot fault Duttons. They stepped in for our party of 12 when we were let down last minute by another restaurant. Races day and everywhere was fully booked up yet they said they could squeeze us in. When we arrived they'd gone that extra mile, decorated our table and even gave us a free bottle of bubbly. Waitresses were friendly and the food lovely. Thanks dutton's for saving our hen weekend!

Chester
“Duck the duck and hoisin wrap!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Went to Duttons recently for lunch. My daughter and I ordered duck and hoisin in a wrap. When it arrived the look of it was bad enough I must admit. It resembled regurgitated vomit, dark in colour and looked like it had been mashed! I did taste a little of it and I truly cannot say I have never tasted anything like it. In fact, the duck itself must have escaped the trauma of the wrap and flew quickly past! It certainly did not taste of duck, did not look like duck so what it was I do not know. My daughter asked me, in fact begged me not to complain as she finds it highly embarrassing! The only plus side was that the lady who served us was very nice. I will never go there again and would advise all of my friends to do the same. The food I find cardboard and certainly not freshly cooked. Complete and utter waste of money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere