“Low cost with medium quality food” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
“Low cost with medium quality food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Visited Sergios for lunch late February.

Walking through the door, one is met by a smell of stale, fried food. No exhilarating whiff of Italian food - garlic, herbs, etc.

The ambience is dingy and decor extremely tired. The seats in the "waiting area" were far from new and were rather grubby.
The food was filling and tasty but lacking flavour - whilst I have no objective evidence, I suspected that the tastyness was due to MSG.

Notwithstanding that the cost of two courses including coffee was under ten pounds, there are good value meals to be had in Chester at other restaurants that are bright, cheerful; with food that has flavour.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Knaresborough, United Kingdom
“Very Popular Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

This was our second visit to Sergio's and could not fault it again. You definately have to book as on a saturday night you just wouldn't get in. We booked our table for 8pm and got sat down at 8.30pm. Area for waiting isn't the biggest but and at times quite chaotic. Excellent choice on menu, all cooked to perfection and excellent value for money. With it been very popular it can get very noisy, but it makes for a great atmosphere.
Whenever we visit Chester again, this restaurant will definately be on our list.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wirral, Merseyside
“Lovely restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant to try, the staff are always friendly and the food is really nice. It caters for everybody, so each time we have visited it has family parties going on to couples dining. It is quite a small place but it has a nice busy atmosphere and I have never had a bad meal here lunchtime or nighttime. I usually have the Taglioni e Mare Monti which is scampi with mushrooms in a cream sauce, but I have to say that the pizza's are always good if you are just wanting something light to eat. I always have to finish it off with their homemade tiramisu which is always good! :)

Sutton in Craven
“Nice Traditional Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Good food, good service, nice atmosphere and value for money.

Visited February 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Seriously? Top 20 restaurants in Chester? You're having a laugh!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Recently visited here based on the fact it was rated in the top 20 restaurants in Chester. I love a good Italian but I have to say I make better Italian food myself - and I am to Italian what Katie Price is to virginity!
Poor quality food - I had calamari which I'm guessing was straight from a frozen food supplier, followed by an arrabiatta which was just too oil-ey. My colleague had a carbonara made predominantly of cream (ask any Italian, they shouldn't base it on cream!). All in all, not even remotely Italian.
Service was OK at best. Food, average at best. Overall if this is one of the best Italian offerings that Chester has then something is seriously wrong.
To top it off, I was sick 6 hours after eating here. Coincidence? Make your own mind up on that. I have.

• Visited February 2012