This is a fantastic hotel for anyone looking to explore Chester and have a great night out. We arrived before the hotel was open but Rebecca (the manager) let us in and showed us to our room straight away. What a room - the Byron suite was fantastic with a lovely bedroom, enormous bathroom and a separate sitting room. The hotel was wonderfully quirky with lots of little rooms and we couldn't wait to see what it was like at night in full swing. We met a lady who was planning a surprise 40th for her friend who was putting up some decorations in one of the bars. She immediately invited us to come to the party later on. When we arrived back at the hotel after a meal out the party was in full swing and it was a wonderful atmosphere and my partner and I had a fantastic evening, moving from room to room and soaking up the atmosphere. It was a great mix of people too from all age groups and the music covered was a mix of different eras and genres. No hint of any trouble - just happy smiling faces. Was great to be able to just walk up the stairs to our room later on. The noise was not a problem in the Byron suite, Breakfast next day was great too - just the thing after a late night.
We will be coming back in the summer - can't wait! Many thanks to Rebecca and her team for a totally memorable experience.
- Also Known As:
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant Hotel
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant Hotel Chester
- The Commercial Bar, Restaurant And Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury accommodation, a wide selection of drinks, the warmest of welcomes, the liveliest of atmospheres in the most exquisite of locations… ‘…A gem hidden in the heart of Chester…’ We have five beautiful double en-suite rooms, including a luxury 'Lord Byron suite', each with a book of poetry written by their namesake for your enjoyment during your stay. We have 3 high quality entertaining bars serving traditional ales, fine wines, superb spirits and fabulous cocktails. We attract a fun-loving clientele from 18-80, especially at weekends when our renowned resident DJs spin their collective mix of disco-dancing tunes. We will always ensure you are made to feel very welcome at the Commercial and we provide something for everyone, every day of the week! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Commercial Bar & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.