“Very nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #161 of 454 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: In the stylish surroundings of the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Chester, Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse Bar and Grill is the perfect venue for any occasion, with a lively atmosphere, exquisite food and delicious cocktails for you to enjoy. As the first British Chef to be awarded 3 Michelin Stars and the youngest Chef in the world to receive them, Marco Pierre White is a name synonymous with a great dining experience. With the ability to cater for private parties of up to 100 people, Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse Bar and Grill in Chester serves everything you would expect to see on a typical steakhouse menu, prepared with the superior quality that Marco Pierre White is renowned for. Each dish is prepared by a dedicated and highly skilled kitchen team, working with the finest and carefully selected ingredients to create simple yet succulent cuisine. Alongside the finest quality locally sourced steaks, the menu features Grilled and Roast Meats, Fish Mainboards and classic English puddings. Furthermore, the wine and champagne lists have been specially sourced to harmonise with the menu. Choose from a selection of good house wines and champagnes, or an enviable collection of reserves for those wanting to splash out.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Very nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Ate here because I sometimes work with a trainer in the gym at the hotel (they gym is really nice) and I had heard people talk about the restaurant. We had a special occasion meal and it did not disappoint (sea bass). Good staff, good food, good night. Parking is easy and it's well located.

Visited December 2013
Oakbase, Abbie, Senior Reservationist at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking your time to review our restaurant on trip advisor.

We are delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable experience and the food and service was at the level we work so hard to achieve.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant. In the mean time why not like our Facebook and Twitter page for all our latest offers and promotions for your next visit.

Abbie Critchley

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I came to the restaurant during a spa stay at the hotel , I have eaten at Marco's restaurants before & have to say it didn't disappoint, beautiful lamb rump with dauphinoise potatoes, the ambiance & atmosphere was wonderful. The staff are very professional too. Well done!!

Visited January 2014
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience of our restaurant on trip advisor.

We are delighted to hear you had such a good time using all our spa facilities and that your experience in our restaurant was so enjoyable. Our team work very hard to ensure every customer has the ultimate dining experience and we are delighted that on this occasion we have achieved that.

We look forward to welcoming your back to our restaurant some time in the near future.

Abbie Critchley
“A la carté at Marco Pierre's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Visited for the A La Carté menu with husband, father in law and his partner for his 60th birthday. Fab food, fab wine and fantastic service. Our waiter was brilliant! Very reasonable and tasted amazing. Had the T-bone steak, sea bass and the rump of lamb mains. Yummy! Will be going back many more times :)

Firstly I would like to take the time to thank you for reviewing our restaurant on trip advisor. I would also like to thank you on behalf of the Team at MPW for choosing our restaurant to spend your special occasion.

We are delighted to hear that your special occasion was so enjoyable and that the food and service was of the standard the team work so hard to achieve.

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

In the mean time why not like our Facebook and twitter page for all our latest offers and promotions for your next visit.
Liverpool
“Cant see what all the fuss is about- food is awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Went last night on a Groupon deal. Place was quiet when we arrived, yet we were placed on the worse table at the restaurant by the entrance???? There were plenty of other tables available with a nice view of the restaurant or a window view- but no I got the view of the corridor to restaurant. The place didnt fill up so why??
For starter I had beetroot and goats cheese salad with walnut, which turned out to be a whole plate of beetroot (at least 4-5 beetroots cup up???) With a small amount of cheese, cress and salted walnuts trown on top! Salted walnuts- that's all I could taste, salt. Husband got creamy mushrooms on brioche, in other words mushrooms on toast!!!
Now turning to the main, we both ordered rib eye steak, was really looking forward to it, bearing in mind this place is named MP 'Steakhouse'- what a disgrace. Mine medium, hubbys medium rare. Firstly the waitress got mixed up and gave them to us wrong way round, then she forgot the pepper sauce! My main gripe was my steak was just fat!! At the end of the main, my plate was full of horrible white chunky fat, big pieces- made me ill to be honest. What I could eat of the remaining quarter of the steak was medium cooked and the other half rare that I had to give to hubby. I complained to the waitress when she collected the plates (with 3/4 steak/fat still on) and she said she'd speak to the manager. When the waitress came back she said she was sorry "I got a bad piece of meat???!!!!!" What?? Why is the chef/management allowing the restaurant to serve such poor quality meat? Anyway I was offered a glass of wine as according to the waitress "your already on a Groupon deal"??!!! Insult really as we'd already paid £22 for a bottle of wine. In my view food is of very poor quality.
Desert was chocolate brownie- in one word the husband said small!!! And cheese board- best item of the night.
All in all a very poor experience, the place is overpriced, the service is not great and the food quality extremely poor, definitely NOT fine dining. (in fact sad to say it but ive had a better quality steak in Weatherspoons on steak night for fraction of the price.) We've eatten in lots of restaurants, but will not be returning. Shame on you MPW, simply ripping people off.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Oakbase, Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill, responded to this review, February 18, 2014

It is certainly not our intention to make anyone who is dining from a package deal feel less important.

We were unaware that the table allocated to you was not of your satisfaction, if made aware on the evening we would of been able to review the table plan and move you to more appropriate table for yourselves.

The waitress on the evening was in training at the time and following your comments has now been trained on how to deal with complaints in a more professional manner, for this I can only apologise.

I have passed on your food related comments to our head chef, who has taken the issue further with the butcher & is looking to revise the menu choice.

Gail Gardner Harding - Assistant Restaurant Manager.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Terrible quality steak”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed with the ribeye steak and very dry chicken. The chocolate brownie was gorgeous though.

Visited January 2014
Oakbase, Manager at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
First and foremost may I thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to the Marco Pierre White restaurant.

I am disappointed to hear that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations. I have passed on your comments to our Executive Head Chef regarding the quality of food received.

I hope you would return to the restaurant and let us restore your faith in the Marco Pierre White brand,

Kind Regards,