“Reviews are not great recently, time to take action perhaps?” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #134 of 376 restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: In the stylish surroundings of the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Chester, Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse Bar and Grill is the perfect venue for any occasion, with a lively atmosphere, exquisite food and delicious cocktails for you to enjoy. As the first British Chef to be awarded 3 Michelin Stars and the youngest Chef in the world to receive them, Marco Pierre White is a name synonymous with a great dining experience. With the ability to cater for private parties of up to 100 people, Marco Pierre White's Steakhouse Bar and Grill in Chester serves everything you would expect to see on a typical steakhouse menu, prepared with the superior quality that Marco Pierre White is renowned for. Each dish is prepared by a dedicated and highly skilled kitchen team, working with the finest and carefully selected ingredients to create simple yet succulent cuisine. Alongside the finest quality locally sourced steaks, the menu features Grilled and Roast Meats, Fish Mainboards and classic English puddings. Furthermore, the wine and champagne lists have been specially sourced to harmonise with the menu. Choose from a selection of good house wines and champagnes, or an enviable collection of reserves for those wanting to splash out.
Co Kildare
“Reviews are not great recently, time to take action perhaps?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We ate here last Sat 7th April and I was very disappointed, the food is just not as good as you would expect from the restaurant of such a respected chef. My starter was nice enough I had the thinly sliced ham, I was not keen on the glace cherries it came with but that is more of a personal choice. I chose rib eye for my main course and while it was cooked as requested it was very fatty I suppose I could have just been unlucky and was given a very fatty one but when you pay that amount for a piece of steak you expect high quality. My bernaise sauce was stone cold and the creamy spinach I ordered as an extra was tasteless. I tried to get some attention to have my sauce changed for a hot one but a large group arrived and the staff were busy, luckily my husband who had specifically told the waitress he did not want any sauce with his steak got sauce and it was hot so I just had his. With a bottle of wine, starters and mains for two the meal cost just over 100stg I do not mind paying more for good food but our experience was not worth that amount of money. Personally I think the management need to look at the recent reviews and make some changes.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Oakbase, Senior Reservationist at Marco Pierre White Steakhouse Bar & Grill, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate customers feedback which, is then discussed with both the chefs and the front of house staff to ensure that these issues are solved as swiftly as possible.

We are extremely disappointed to learn that the food you received was of an unsatisfactory level. It is of course unacceptable that this should happen. We do our utmost to maintain a high quality of food to all our customers and I am very sorry that on this occasion you did not receive this.

It is clear that we have on this occasion failed to provide the enjoyable dining experience we strive so hard to deliver.

I would be delighted of you would contact me personally on 01244 408 830 to discuss this review.

56% Recommend
“Lot of hype for disappointing food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere & decor - prompt service - good wine list
Mediocre & disappointing food - the steakhouse in my village is better

What a let down!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review and for your compliments towards our staff and the customer service provided.

On this occasion we did not reach our own standards that we strive to deliver with the quality of the food and are deeply sorry that you did not receive the dining experience that is to be expected.

We will ensure that the relevant members of staff our aware of the issues you have mentioned to ensure that this does not occur again.

If you have any further feedback or would like to discuss the matter more please contact us personally on 01244408830.

North Wales
“Lovely place food not so great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Went for early evening meal nothing major wrong but have dined in other celebrity chef restaurants and was a bit dissapoimted with the standard of the food. Had the lamb it was really overbooked and tough and dessert was bland even the custard had no shine bit lumpy. W'ldnt rush back

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
We are sorry to hear that the food you received did not meet the standards that we, ourselves strive to adhere to. We have passed on your comments to the chefs to ensure that this does not occur in the future.

We hope to offer each customer a high quality of food that is to be expected from a restaurant of a high profile chef we are disappointed that we did not reach this on this occasion.

We assure that we are doing our utmost to ensure it does not happen again and improvements are made.

Wigan, United Kingdom
“great restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Son and daughter-in law bought us a gift voucher as a thank you for help with their wedding, used it on Nov 5th 012. First view lovely, staff very welcoming and friendly, great menu choice. Chose pate to start and beef stroganoff to follow. Pate was the best i've every had, the stroganoff was delicious and a generous portion. You have to have the onion rings whatever you choose you will never have better. Had a great night and would recommend to anyone.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Attentive staff and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The staff can't do enough or you. They are attentive, knowledgable and helpful. But be under no illusion - you are paying for that service.

We were seated when requested and subsequent service was prompt.

We had the olives and bread before going straight onto mains of Sirloin each. Both were cooked as requested. One of them was really really fatty, but having eaten there before I put that down to bad luck.

We both also had the cheese board for dessert with an accompanying port. Both lovely and finished off a lovely evening. Was the food and drink worth the £150 bill? Probably not. But we were looked after and the setting and staff added to this. Probably still pricey but recommended none the less

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere