“long term stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vienna, Austria
“long term stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I was for nearly five months a guest at the abode. From the first day on the staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and had very soft comfortable beds; I loved it and would definitely come back!
Moreover the location is perfect; it's beside the race course and just a five minute walk away from the center.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Northwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed her for our anniversary and had a very enjoyable stay. Check in was very efficient although the staff member was not the friendliest I have come across. The room was very nice and despite concerns with the fair being on nearby and it overlooking the main road, it was very quiet and very comfortable.
We enjoyed some cocktails in both the lounge bar (2 for £9 before 9pm) and the Champagne bar and maybe it is our tastes but we much preferred the ones from the cheaper lounge bar.
We didn’t eat at either restaurant in the hotel as the menu in Michael Caines’ restaurant wasn’t really our taste and plenty of places to eat nearby but the surroundings did look very nice.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of the city centre with all its restaurants, bars and shops.
I would recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Chester and the location is second to none.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

All staff I have came across were very polite, friendly and professional throughout the Hotel, restaurant and Lounge.
Many thanks for everything
Stunning Hotel and lovely service! Although the prices are quite high, but the location is perfect for the race and town centre and also the restaurant is amazing (stunning view)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Abode Hotel proved to be the perfect location for visiting Chester Races. Fabulous view of the course from our room, fantastic restaurant and bar areas, couldn't fault it. We'll be back next year for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I booked a room for 1 night for myself and a friend so we could go out for afternoon tea and drinks in the evening. I asked for a parking space which is £10 per night which is reasonable compared to what we would have been paying in other car parks in Chester per night. Front of house staff were lovely and efficient and even called me the day before to ensure everything was OK with the booking or if we required anything else.

We stayed in room 108 which looked on to the courts. Even though we were on top of the main road it was very quiet in the room. The bed was huge! So big that 4 people could have fit in there easily. The bathroom was great with a decent sized bath and shower and lots of nice toiletries to use.

The weather was pretty poor over the weekend so we decided to get a taxi to Oddfellows which only cost £3. If the weather had been fine this would have only been a 5 minute walk.

Breakfast the next morning was on the top floor and there was a good selection on the buffet and table service was very quick.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to visit Chester and I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed over for the Friday Boodles Race Meeting in May. Upgraded for a charge of £60 on arrival to the Hyperion Suite on the 6th floor. Superb room, facilities and views. Breakfast included for just £10.50 per head and was also superb. Staff welcoming and helpful and location is perfect. Highly recommend.

Bolton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Me and my partner stayed at this hotel as a last minute break last week, on bank holiday Monday. After a long day out we arrived at the hotel (and after a few mishaps not knowing where we could park etc we rung the hotel and were helped straight away). We were checked in quickly and efficiently and offered and upgrade (which we accepted), we were told about meals for tea and breakfast and felt we had all the information which we needed.
Our room was amazing, we had a beautiful view of the castle and although there was a fair on down the road the noise wasn't an issue for us and we cannot class that as a complaint. The bed was so comfortable and I can honestly say it is the most comfortable hotel bed that I have slept in to date, and to top it off it was superking size. We had an open plan bathroom and the bath was a lovely size, and we were given complimentary bubblebaths, shower gel, moisturiser plus hand and nail cream. I felt really pampered!
When it came to room service the gentleman at the end of the phone taking our order was polite and understood our needs perfectly. The food was delicious, I ordered a steak and I am very particular about my steak but I could not find a flaw in it. However we ordered a cheese garlic bread as a side and it was literally sliced brown bread with some cheese melted on top..hardly amazing for the price paid, But that is my only grumble. Breakfast was lovely and once again the view from the breakfast area was lovely, the waiter did forget my pot of tea but the second I mentioned this he went and got it straight away with a big apology. Check out was quick and simpe, we reviewed the bill and agreed everything was how it should of been and we were happy to leave a generous tip.
All in all I would come here again, it was an amazing hotel and I really did feel pampered and we felt very spoilt as a couple. I loved my stay here and as you can see there is nothing to complain about.

Room Tip: When offered an upgrade, accept it and pay the small price, it really is worth it.