“Nice place good food!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #90 of 411 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: At Convivio, we are committed to using the freshest and highest quality ingredients we can source. Where possible, we use local, organic produce, attending the wholesale market ourselves each week so that we can hand-pick our ingredients rather than having to rely on suppliers to choose these for us. Only this way can we ensure the high quality of the ingredients we use. Our customers mean a lot to us and we want to give you the best! We also want to offer you a truly Mediterranean flavour and eating experience at Convivio. Not only do we use the best dried pasta but our ravioli is home-made and, as an Italian customer put it recently, "as good as anything you will find in Italy" Our skilled Italian pizzaiolo produces, quite simply, the tastiest, most authentic pizza. Truly mouth-watering pizzas made with freshly kneaded dough that has been stretched by hand and baked in our signature stone oven made by specialist Italian artisans. This stone oven is used to bake fresh bread every day We can reassure you that unlike bought-in bread used by many other restaurants, our bread is as fresh as it can be. It is also good for you, being free from additives and preservatives.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice place good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

After wanting to find somewhere to eat after a day at the races we stumbled across convivio restaurant to be told that they were full but to try again later. We had a drink in the bar at the side of the Restaurant and spoke to the manager again who managed to squeeze us in. They were very busy but still made us very welcome and were quick and efficient at taking our drinks order and then our food order. We had the cheesy garlic bread which was really nice. I had the ravioli spinach and ricotta which was truly gorgeous the sauce was the best I've ever had. My husband had the sea food pasta in white wine sauce which again was really tasty. Service and food really good. Would definitely go back.

Denbighshire, United Kingdom
“'Delicious food...great value'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stumbled across the restaurant and so glad we did. Had the two courses for £10 - excellent value! Tasty food and the waiter Eugeen couldn't be more helpful. Will definitely be recommending to my friends and will visit again soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Came here on a Sunday evening and the restaurant was rather quiet. Managed to get the Frisso deal of two course for £10. I had the meatballs to start with which were amazing and in an incredibly tasty sauce, whilst my mother had the minestrone soup, which was packed with vegetables. I had the spaghetti carbonara which was fantastic and so creamy yet was not too sickly. My mother ordered the sea bass which was presented wonderfully. The open kitchen meant you could watch the food being prepared while you waited. We were far too full for desserts but the menu was very extensive and they all sounded very nice. The building itself was also beautiful. Will definitely return the next time we're in Chester!

chester
“A very nice meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We visited on a Friday night with friends, We did book in advance but there was room if we had turned up but would recommend taking the risk.

The place was very clean and well laid out and is a very nice building to look at

To start I had the meat balls which was very nice, Main I had the calzone which again was very nice and I was getting full at this stage, Followed by the cheese cake which was very rich in taste

It is not cheap but it is quality. I Would recommend this restaurant, Especially for special events and I will visit again in the future

London, United Kingdom
“Not bad...could be better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Lovely setting, and nice decor inside!
However the food just doesn't cut it!
The garlic pizza bread was lovely I have to say!
The starters were bland to be honest. The garlic mushrooms I had....well couldn't taste any garlic!
We all had the rib eye steak, the potatoes were lovely, but the steak was again bland, and the red wine sauce we had with it was even more bland.
Then dessert was not great either, I had cheesecake, but the base was rock solid- needed a chain saw to cut through! My Dad ordered the chocolate cake- which tasted like it was out of date!
Overall the food was really flat, and it's a shame because it could be top notch!
Think we would only come here again for a pre drink and maybe nibbles!

• Visited June 2014