“One of the best Sunday lunches in Chester” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 376 restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: English
Chester, United Kingdom
“One of the best Sunday lunches in Chester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 NEW

Been here a few times now well three weeks on a run and the standard of the Sunday lunch is amazing very very good food,staff,location. I would recommend this place to everyone

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
Chester, United Kingdom
“One of the best places to eat in Chester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Tried this place for the first time last night and will definitely return! It was our wedding anniversary and we wanted to eat somewhere special. Good job we'd booked, as the place was really busy, surprising for a Thursday night in town. The menu is innovative but limited and changes daily, I think. I started with sweetcorn and ginger soup which was absolutely delicious! For mains I went for the veggie antipasti platter while my husband tucked into roast duck with cherries. I was full by this point, but John went for a crème brulee dessert while I enjoyed a double espresso. The whole meal was a delight, and the service flawless and friendly. It's not the cheapest place in town, but well worth paying slightly more for something different and very delicious. Décor is simple and they've cleverly managed to get several tables into a smallish space while keeping a decent distance between them. My only teensy gripe is that they didn't proffer the change (I know it was only £1.70!) when we paid - I always find it slightly annoying when restaurants do this! That apart, it was one of the best dining experiences I've had in Chester...and there's stiff competition out there!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mold, United Kingdom
“Rustic style food with fine dining portions and presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Heard a lot of good things about this place and I was not disappointed. Ate pigeon breast starter, hake served with risotto and fruit cake and Stilton. Portions all on the small side but the whole meal was adequate and fantastically tasty. We both had three courses and a few drinks and the bill was about £70.
Service attentive without being formal. Decor is rustic style.
I thought that was very good value for food that good. Will definitely be back

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I visited here 6th June for the first time and have to say it's one of the best restaurants in Chester. We ordered the queen olives, followed by pork belly/hake and sorbet to finish. All delicious! We were even running a little late but the staff were friendly and welcoming on arrival. Definitely worth paying a little more and having a freshly cooked meal in a lovely, relaxing environment. Will be visiting again soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“A real Chester gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

A great little restaurant with excellent food, friendly service and reasonable prices. Not on my usual route around Chester, I came across this restaurant on TripAdvisor when looking for somewhere different to go with friends for my birthday. An excellent choice.

I really like a small menu, fairly limited choice but that suggests to me good quality produce cooked freshly.

Also, I came away with coffee beans and beautiful olives sold there. Will definitely return, maybe for Sunday lunch with the family

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere