“Busiest Place in Chester on a Sunday Night” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 390 Restaurants in Chester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Halifax
“Busiest Place in Chester on a Sunday Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We ate here last Sunday evening, central Chester was dead except for this place, the food we had was simple but delicious & very good value.

Didcot, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was in Chester for work and needed somewhere to have dinner. Browsing TripAdvisor I came across La Fattoria and thought it worth a shot.

I did not book, but was accomodated very quickly. The restaurant was busy - always a good sign, but the service was very attentive. Almost as soon as I had finished my first beer I was offered another.

I started with the deep fried mozzarella in breadcrumbs - excellent - followed by a very tasty calzone. The olive oil drizzled over the top really complimented the taste of the crust. I finished off with lemon sorbet - I was rather worried when I heard the bag being opened, but it was wonderful - delightfully sharp.

I would be more than happy to return there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Fantasticooooo...........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Excellent food at a reasonable price. Portion sizes were about spot on. Mushroom risotto was like I remember from my youth in Italy. Tasted the ' salt'in bocca' which will definitely be my next main upon my return visit. Taste before seasoning, as there is enough salt on the food. Atmosphere was excellent. As a member of the party was celebrating her birthday, staff did the usual celebratory noise as the cake was fetched to the table. An enjoyable evening out with authentic Italian food. This restaurant is definitely worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best place in Chester!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Me and my partner visit this restaurant regularly so for my birthday we decided where else?!

There was 9 of us in the party and they looked after us perfectly.. Like always. All of the family had an amazing time and everybody loved the food that they ordered. They brought out a cake that had been arranged earlier in the day by my mother and they made the whole experience extra special!

There is no faulting this place, the food is exceptional for the price you pay. Such good value for perfect food.

The staff are always welcoming and friendly making the visits very personal.

Save yourself the disappointment from a chain restaurant and visit this amazing family run business.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Loved it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We've visited La Fattoria for the first time a few days ago and I can honestly say it's my new favourite restaurant in Chester!
The interior is very nice, authentic and inviting. With so many choices, it took me a while to decide what I wanted, but I went traditional eventually: I had pasta and my husband had a pizza, both absolutely delicious! The dessert was very nice as well, even the latte and espresso we had afterwards were better than what we usually have when we go out.
A shout out to the staff as well, they were great! Very friendly, helpful and I loved the fact they were all Italians. Well done, grazie mille ragazzi!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere