“fantastic value for money” 5 of 5 stars

The Coach House
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   39 Northgate Street, Chester CH1 2HQ, England   |
Ranked #22 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“fantastic value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

we booked this trip on the last minute, for the bank holiday weekend, from start to finish everything was great, its was a great location, room was beautiful, breakfast was included, which wasn't the case for some of the hotels we checked out, the staff well what can we say all the ones we saw were all quite young, but brilliant, very polite, knew there job, which was nice to see, and big bonus free tea and coffee for your stay, never known before but it adds that that special touch for the weekend

Room Tip: we were to the side of the hotel, no problem with noise
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback!
We very much enjoyed having you staying with us and are glad you enjoed your time here.
The feedback you provided us with was passed onto the staff that were working during your stay.
Thanks again, we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Superb location, fantastic staff (special mention to Stuart the night time concierge) who are efficient, friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean, well aportioned and to a very good standard. The complimentary beverages at the bar a very nice touch. Cost was very reasonable. What I noticed at the Reception desk was the number of people telling people they'd recommend to their friends and one chap was booking another visit. The breakfast was also of a good standard...of particular mention was the locally sourced bacon, a refreshing change from the vacuum packed Danish offerings you tend to get at most places. Should I return to Chester, I would book this hotel for my stay without checking anywhere else as it ticks all the boxes you want from a small city centre hotel.

Room Tip: Try to book room facing the main high street at the fron tof the hotel as the view from the back roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Elisher D, Manager at The Coach House, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hello!

Sorry for such a late reply.

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to leave feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your time at the Coach House and we would love to see you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Really good hotel, on arrival someone booking in front of me a waiter came over and said to take a seat and he would bring coffee over. Then receptionist came over and said we all booked in so really good first impression. Room was lovely and breakfast really good. Location really good and excellent value for money. I have never left a review for any hotel before but it us warranted in this instance.

• Stayed April 2013
Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback, especially when you have never left a review of anywhere else before!
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

From the moment we arrived to our departure our stay couldn't have been better. The rooms we excellent (2 superior rooms for 2 nights), the food and service were great, but of note were the staff, all young but all very customer focussed, professional and engaging!

I'd stay here again without a moments hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My Husband and I have just got back and could'nt wait to write this review. The staff were very pleasant and nothing was too much trouble for them. A special mention for Alishia she made sure our stay was a great one. The room was immaculate as was the whole establishment. We were pleasantly surprised as to the size of the room. The free Teas and Coffees inc Latte's was a great bonus especially when coming in from mooching around the amazing shopping facility's which are right on the doorstep, to sit in the comfort of the lounge / bar area with a free cuppa very nice. This hotel is in an ideal position for shopping, bars and resturants, also the hop on hop off site seeing bus stops outside. A great big thanks for a great weekend from
Pauline + Chris Room 2

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback and my special mention!
We very much loved having you staying with us and are glad you enjoed your time here.
Llandudno, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I went to Chester once again as my friend came from Portugal to spend a week with me and we decided to hit the town for some shopping.
Its been a year since the last time I came here to have an afternoon tea and I can guarantee nothing has changed, if anything it as only gotten better.
We had the afternoon tea, it was amazing, the cakes, which I believe were carrot and some sort of honey cake were the most delicious things I have eaten in years, and both me and my friend left full and happy that those cakes reminded us of something we used to eat as children back home.
To The Coach House, congratulations in keeping the standards, this place is my certain stop everytime I go to Chester because I know it can never go wrong.
Thank you for you delicious food and attentive staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Sunday lunch here with my partner was great.
Good value for money.
Staff very friendly.
excerlent suroundings right in the heart of Chester
I need to save for my next visit.
Thanks from John and Matt.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to The Coach House? Share your experiences!