“Great night out for date night” 5 of 5 stars

01244 327394
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Barlounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 409 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Barlounge is a cocktail bar and restaurant located in Chester City Centre Open daily from 11.30am until late, we offer our guests the opportunity to drink, dine and socialise in informal surroundings. Relax in the bar, catch up with friends on our sun terrace (heated & covered in winter) or enjoy a meal in the restaurant - there's something to suit everyone on any occasion. Late night snack menu is also available from 11pm till late.
bromborough
“Great night out for date night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

As soon as we got there the staff where so kind and welcoming. They seated us straight away and looked after us amazingly. The food was delicious , being a chef my self it's hard to find a place I'd go back to again again but this place ticks all the boxes for me.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a great bar which serves some amazing cocktails. I always go to this bar when in Chester, I highly recommend it.

Visited October 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Best Bar Service in Town. Rivals London's Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I've been to and working in many bars and it's not often that you actually get treated to real bar tending. These guys have it nailed. From the moment you enter the bar they have your attention whilst they continue to serve other patrons. Taking your order whilst pouring cocktails and carrying on like true professionals. Always worth the tip!
Plus they have some nice Cubans to smoke outside :)

Visited August 2013
“Nice cocktail menu, variable food quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

The atmosphere of this place is great and they have a beautiful and heated outdoor patio that is usuable even at this point in late autumn (november). Would probably be a fantastic, albeit very expensive, spot to go just for drinks.

My husband and I went for dinner and my food was good (not great), but his was abysmal. He got their special that evening which was rump steak, it was tough, presented very poorly, and the wine that came with tasted like sour grapes, so much so that he sent back the red for the white option, and the white was even worse. I can't comprehend why a restaurant would serve something like this...I mean, I know it's a special, but better off not serving a special at all if it's quality is going to be this poor.

My meal was soup of the day (mushroom) which wasn't bad, but not great; calalmari, which was very good as it wasn't chewy at all and lightly breaded; goat cheese and beet salad, this was delicious.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Service outstanding ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Went here for a birthday meal, booked a table which is recommended as not a very big restaurant.
Food was excellent, I had the butchers cut steak which was some of the best steak I've ever had! Good prices as well.
Very friendly waitress, when we asked about the sister restaurant across the road for cocktails, she went across to check for a table, arranged one for us and then walked us across to it!
100% would go back and recommend to anyone!