“Lovely Meal” 5 of 5 stars

01244 327394
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Barlounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 411 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Barlounge is a cocktail bar and restaurant located in Chester City Centre Open daily from 11.30am until late, we offer our guests the opportunity to drink, dine and socialise in informal surroundings. Relax in the bar, catch up with friends on our sun terrace (heated & covered in winter) or enjoy a meal in the restaurant - there's something to suit everyone on any occasion. Late night snack menu is also available from 11pm till late.
Wales
“Lovely Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were initially booked into a different restaurant for evening meal, but decided to change, and had to settle for a late meal, with a table booked for 21:15.

On arrival, I was shocked to see how busy this place was. it was packed. I'm not sure whether there was an event on, but it was very busy. Lots of smartly dressed people.

We were shown to our table, and the small restaurant was packed.

On the menu were many choices I fancied, but opted for a
Starters of Chilli Nachos,
Mains: Steak & Brisket Ale Pie,
Dessert: Chocolate fudge cake, with custard.

My wife had :
Starters: Welsh Rarebit (Crumpets with Cheese)
Mains: Fillet beef stir fry (i think)
Dessert: Jam Roly Poly

I have attached pictures of the mains and desserts, (starters were destroyed in seconds)

Both starters were really nice. I have missed the Chilli Nachos everyday since having them, so full of flavour..............yummmmm.

For mains, I fancied a hearty main meal, whilst my wife fancied something abit lighter. Her Sesame Seed Filliet Steak Salad, was full of flavour, and she thoroughly enjoyed it.
My Steak, Brisket and Ale pie was awesome. Such a lovely meal, full of flavour, but a nice hearty meal. The presentation was also spot on.

Both desserts were lovely, and we both really enjoyed them. I always enjoy chocolate cake, and this was a perfect end to a lovely meal.

Still have a hankering for Chilli Nachos!!

Chester, United Kingdom
“Great Value & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Retired & having lived in Chester all my life ,my wife & I eat out at least once each week. I have written the odd review previously when not very satisfied, but this time it is nothing but praise for both food and very pleasant service. We have had the Sunday Lunch Roast on several occasions the beef has always been excellent & cooked to your liking, the roast potatoes & veg are always fresh & at £10 per head incl. a choice of a drink wonderful value, to say nothing about the polite & very pleasant service Do give the Sunday Lunch a try

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oslo, Norway
“Consistently excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I've been drinking and eating at Bar Lounge for 6 years plus and never, ever had any issue. The place is excellent.

Each and ever time I go there, I ask myself how can a place in such an awkward, noisy location) be a success (surely it shouldn't be)? The answer each time is the quality of the drinks and food they sell, their outstanding service and the general warmth of the place.

I can think of three exceptional places to drink and eat in Chester - Barlounge is one of the three. OddFellows and Convivio surely the others.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Really impressed with number three....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Having eaten at both upstairs at the grill and hickorys smokehouse we decided to give the third of the trilogy a try. Funny how each is quite different and yet similar in many ways. Obviously their attention to detail is great with each venu spotless and providing welcome little additional touches. Upstairs at the grill gets the top billing and whilst the food was good there were some things that proved an affectation too far for me. However I would say that barlounge was a combination of simple yet great food and, certainly on the night we were there, absolutely excellent service and in a buzzy but not overwhelming atmosphere. Really enjoyed it here and am looking forward to visiting again. Soon I hope!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Chester
“Great as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Had a lovely little mezze of their small dishes, crumpets with Welsh rarebit, three mini beef burgers and cauliflower cheese. Husband had sausage roll, sticky sausages and the crumpets.

Lovely as usual.

Also recently been for cocktails was excellent then too