“Perfect Wedding Venue” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 45 hotels in Chester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perfect Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had our wedding party at Oddfellows on Sunday 25th August and it was just incredible. The setting is amazing, the staff were great and it was the perfect location. We had the whole first floor which worked out really well, bar and dancing in once room and food and a lounge area in the other whish worked out great if people wanted a quieter evening. We were really lucky with the weather too so the terrace was full.
I have to make a particular mention to the bar staff, who were just incredibly helpful, friendly and great fun. They couldn’t do enough for us. My husband is Brazilian so they even made efforts to speak Portuguese and serve Brazilian drinks, going well beyond the call of duty. We arrived with lots of things to set up for our cinema themed party and they sorted it all out for us, we couldn’t have been happier.
A group of us also stayed in the hotel. It’s incredibly quirky, I’ve never seen people so excited over hotel rooms, we took the four above the venue (a requirement if you want the party to go on until midnight) and the rooms were just beautiful, really lovely features, double bath exposed beams. Guests in the newer part of the hotel had quite funky rooms, one with a circular bed!! I wouldn’t say this is somewhere for the grandparents (its features include exposed showers) but it’s just beautiful and really nicely done. Certainly the quirkiest place you’ll find in Chester.
We’ve had overwhelming feedback from our guests saying how amazing the whole night was, I couldn’t recommend it highly enough for anyone considering it for a party or Wedding, we loved it!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Conwy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We chose to have our wedding reception at Oddfellows and oh boy, was that one of the best decisions we made! A real gem of venue smack-bang in the centre of Chester, offering all the charm of a luxury hotel with the contemporary feel you expect from an exclusive city centre location. Emma, our events coordinator was really terrific and we knew we could relax in the knowledge all was in hand, the Manager Mo looked after us and our guests prior, during and the morning after our big day – thanks Mo, you were superb! On the day the stars of the show were Sam, Dale and Hannah, who are each mature beyond their years and on hand to help with anything and everything, a huge thanks to you for helping make our day so special & not forgetting Steve the Chef worked with us us to design the menu & canapés, the food was truly first-class, as was the wine chosen by Jack, the sommelier.

Our day was truly special and made all the more magical by ‘Team Oddfellows’ – we can’t recommend the venue and the staff highly enough if you’re looking for a truly unique wedding experience. Great work, thank you all so much.

The new Mr & Mrs P Salmon

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My Husband and I got hitched at Oddfellows on 31st August this year. We fell in love with the quirky decor and after sampling the food one lunchtime, we quickly booked. The Wedding Coordinator - Emma Madge was amazing. There were no nasty surprises on cost and no ridiculous rules either. Purely a blank canvass for us to put our own spin on it. We went to them with a figure in mind and it was managed accordingly to our budget. Thoughout the run up to our big day, the process was smooth. Nothing was an issue. We were also invited to meet with the Chef and taste each dish on our menu. He actually sat with us whilst we ate and helped us critique to our needs.

On the day of the Wedding, we were truly bowled over. The attention to detail took our breath away. It was the little things.....The Manageress spotted my Mum was fidgeting with her outfit and had a sewing kit at hand within seconds! .....They helped with button holes & cravats....I was greeted at the top of the stairs with a glass of water before entering the ceremony. They literally read my mind! .....canapes were kept behind for us and the children so to make sure they ate.....Our card & gifts were taken to back to the room throughout the day and we even had our very own security ;)

The food was outstanding. Each and everyone of my guests commented at the perfection of the cooking and they were not tight on portions either. The evening buffet was really filling. Everyone raved the mini sliders and handmade sausage rolls.

If you want luxury, the hotel rooms are really special. Our party took the lot and we all had breakfast together the next morning, which put a nice finish to it.

I had heard a lot of horror stories during my 2 year venue search. From arrogant Coordinators, costly surprises, rubbish food and things not living up to expectations. I can honestly say that Oddfellows MADE our Wedding Day and cant reccomend enough. Its funny because its not somewhere you might not think of for a Wedding Venue, but it certainly is the best.

Already planning a trip back....thanks guys ;)

The Rawlinsons
X

Room Tip: Two choices.....rustic with wooden beams and original features (in the Annexe) or more contempory wi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Some very good friends chose Oddfellows as the venue for their wedding reception and we stayed in the hotel for two nights. The party was naturally lovely (it would never have been anything else on such a happy occasion), but I have to say that not only were the staff at the hotel absolutely wonderful, the whole setup just works. The 2 rooms I saw were great, the food was excellent (supper, breakfast and reception fayre), the various indoor and outdoor bar areas were really well thought out. The hotel was generally cool, and if we didn't live quite so far away (London), I suspect we'd be staying there in the near future (having this time booked a baby sitter)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Wrecsam, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I just thought I would take this opportunity to write a review as it's not something I would usually take the time to do. However, following a wonderful afternoon tea here recently I felt I had to put pen to paper (so to speak!). I was here on a recent hen do and was lucky enough to experience their amazing afternoon tea with a glass of bubbly. The food (loads of it!!) was amazing and the staff really couldn't have been more helpful. They really went out of their way to give us an amazing experience. I will definitely pop back in the next time I'm in Chester and sample some more of their culinary delights. Thanks for an overall great experience!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights mid week with a deal I found on superbreak. We paid £125 each for 2 nights including a breakfast to go delivered daily to your door (a croissant, a snazzy yoghurt, an apple and a fresh orange juice) and a 3 course meal from the a la carte menu on the first night (we had ours on the second night since we were attending a music venue on the first night - the hotel had no problem with swapping this around).

The meal was out of this world!!! Looking at the menu we thought we best check if there was anything on there that we would have to pay a supplement for - there wasn't and we both had fillet steak worth £32!! Our meal in total came to £100 so we definitely got our money's worth!!

The room was gorgeous! It had plenty of quirky character but was light and spacious even though not huge. Nespresso machine & tea making bits a mini bar with proper milk left daily for your use. The shower/bathroom was split off using glass with a frosted section through the middle. This was fine for us but I do think styling has overtaken practicality since the frosted glass didn't hide much at all! Not recommended if you are at all self conscious!! Huge flat screen TV (wall mounted) and extremely comfy bed!! Free WiFi.

The hotel bar, restaurant and garden/outdoor seating areas were really something special. Ultra modern and chic but with a quirky personality all of its own! A pleasure to sit and relax in and so much to look at. Speaking to locals out and about a lot of them said oddfellows was their favourite place to go for drinks in Chester!

We couldn't fault the staff - so attentive and polite at all times. I love this hotel and would definitely go back!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Oddfellows is the undoubtedly the most perfect wedding venue. The staff were fantastic, helping to make our day so memorable. The food was outstanding, the service and organisation was incredible and the accomadation combines to make this the perfect venue.

Thank you to everyone at Oddfellows.

Mrs & Mrs C.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Oddfellows? Share your experiences!