“A let down” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Warrington, United Kingdom
“A let down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I have visited here on several pervious occasions and chose to come on Mothers Day early evening. The restaurant was busy but not full by any means.
The service staff are always very pleasant and an order for drink was taken quickly.
We then had a long wait (20/25mins) before our order was taken.
Another long wait until the food started to arrive - we had now been in the restaurant 1 hour!
The food on previous visits has been good but this time it was well below average.
Everything was sweet tasting as opposed to sweet/sour/hot which is how all the dishes we ordered should have tasted. The fried rice was a sticky glutenous mess with little taste.
I will not be visiting again unless I hear/see reports to the contrary.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Stockton Heath, United Kingdom
“Always delivers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012 via mobile

Since the Tammarin opened a few years ago I have been a regular visitor. For me, the food never disappoints, the staff are always warm and welcoming and I always enjoy my evening.

I work about ten minutes away in Runcorn (and now live much closer in Stockton Heath!) so have been at least 3 times for works leaving do's, and probably another 9-10 times at least for random meals. I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal.

The best on the menu in my opinion is; the garlic spare ribs (just so well cooked - falls off the bone) one of the salads (forget which sorry!), the green curry, masaman curry and the pad Thai. All tasty, fresh and reasonably priced.

All in all, the Tammarin is one of my favourite restaurants in Stockton Heath and I will return time and time again. The staff are the friendliest you will find in any restaurant and the food is always tasty and fresh.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“well worth a visit, lovely food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Went for my partners birthday with family, we hadnt booked on a Saturday eve and they did everyting they could to have a table ready for the 8 of us very quickly! they were fantastic, food lovely, very tasty and service was wonderful...

well worth a visit I am looking forward to going back!

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Reutlingen, Germany
“The elegance of Thai cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I am a lover of Thai food and together with my husband we tried various ristorants in Liverpool and around. This is the reason for which I can say that The Tammarin is one of the finest. The food is prepared with the freshest ingredients and all the spices and the flavours are sapiently mixed to create the dishes you order. I was there many times in different occasions and never once I was disappointed. In addition the place is very nice and relaxing and the staff is friendly and helpful.
Tammarin offers a wonderful buffet on Sunday where you can have an overview of the best Thai food at only 13 GPB and 2 other offers for lunch (with 2 courses at 9 GBP) and early evening (at 13 GBP for 2 courses).
It is a place to not miss!

• Visited September 2011