“Chilled out cafe with good food and drinks” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Chilled out cafe with good food and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I came here with friends on a Saturday morning for breakfast. We all ordered cooked breakfasts and hot drinks/juices. When they arrived then the portions were generous (good value for money) and everything was nicely cooked and well presented. I didn't have coffee but my friends all commented on how good it was!

It's a nice cafe - well decked out and all of the furniture is very comfortable. The room is quite light which makes it a nice place to chill and chat.

The only minor negative was that the food took quite a long time to arrive. This wasn't too bad though as the cafe was full up. Overall, the service was very good and the staff were friendly.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Northwich, United Kingdom
“Chicken stock cube experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had been here yesterday for lunch with my son and husband and have to say rated it 5* the waitress was brilliant , not to intrusive and the club sandwich was delicious. I raved on about it so much I revisited tonight booked a table with my parents and took my daughters , we were the only ones there when we got there but that didn't put me off as it had been buzzing yesterday so I thought it would soon pick up. The evening menu was very limited and unless you wanted a salad or a burger not a great lot of choice . They did have a specials menu which my daughter wanted the chicken noodle special £14.95 a little pricey for a 12 yr old but I thought she would eat it. All the food came and I have to say it was all lovely except the chicken noodle special. She said it had a very strong salty taste, so we all tried it ! We all agreed it tasted very strong of chicken stock cube
We told the (smile and your face might crack) waitress who said she would speak to the chef, nobody came back to us. So basically apart from picking out some of the chicken she left it. I assure you my children eat anything so it was bad ! Everyone else's meal was lovely I have to stress
When we asked for the bill we had been charged the full amount for the chicken noodles again we mentioned the taste of chicken stock cubes this time to a different (smile and your face might crack)waitress who we think was in charge for the night, again she said she would speak to the chef! No mention of taking it of the bill!
So to sum up £140.00 later don't go on an evening especially Saturday the staff are far from happy but definitely go on a Friday lunchtime the staff were very friendly and it was worth every penny for lunch . Shame about tonight as my opinion changed so much from yesterday
Hartford resident for 20 years

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Thai Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was horrified to see the review about the Thai night recently at Relish.
I would first like to say the price (of which was for a 4 course meal) was only £18.95 per person, very reasonably priced myself and others in our party thought.
Place was lovely and Frazer (assistant manager) and the 2 girls where fantastic, running around on which was a busy night.
To the food, we all agreed that it was super, I had the chicken and prawn dim sums which where lovely, followed by the lamb curry which was very flavoursome and not spicy hot which made a change from so many people think it should be (they should go Thailand and try it).
The sharing dessert was just enough to finish of what was a lovely meal!!
I would highly recommend Relish to any of my family and friends. We will be back again!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cheshire
“Thai Themed Evening”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Had a lovely evening with friends last night at Relish School Lane Hartford.
A great location with fantastic potential.
Such a pity about the food !!! No flavours, no spices, little sauces and the smallest portions I've ever experienced.
Most things served could have come from an Supermarket Party Pack and the sweet course ... an inch of banana fritter, a matchbox size slice of bread and butter pudding and the smallest bowl ( to be shared between six ) of RICE PUDDING !!!! I kid you not !
It would have been laughable if it had not been so expensive.
RELISH... YOU NEED SOME COMPETITION IN THE VILLAGE, to help you sharpen up your act.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“No ice!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Lovely staff, made to feel relaxed, but limited menu with quite a few unavailable dishes.
There's no excuse to serve a Gin and Tonic or Pimms without ice.
A real shame.