Location: Sark island, around 15 minutes by foot from the harbour. You can go there also by carriage.
Hotel: small, nice, pleasant, calm and really beautiful hotel with no children, no crowds, with very nice and helpful staff and delicious food.
Surrounding: Sark is a really beautiful island. No ways, no cars, no motorcycles, really nice people. Everywhere is a beautiful nature, horses, sheep. The best way how to explore island is rent a bike.
Rent a bike: You can rent a bike in the centre of really, really small town. We had two bikes for two days (7 Eur/1 person/1 bike/1 day). Driving in Sark is very easy.
Accomodation: is nice, clean and pleasant.
Breakfast: buffet style. There´s cold buffet wit cereals, cheese and ham and then you can order hot, typicall English breakfast.
Food: hotel has own restaurant, which is really very good. We visited a few hotels in Guernsey, but this was the best meal we´ve ever eat. We had a la carte menu and the food was delicious.
Drinks: you can have drinks in the restaurant or in the bar. The bar is very nice and pleasant.
Services: restaurant, bar, pool, garden, free wifi in the room and also in restaurant and bar
Staff: very nice and helpful everywhere - at the reception, in the restaurant and also in the bar
Advantages of this hotel:
- lovely garden with nice pool
- comfortable and nice accomodation
- very good service and attitude of the staff
- romantic and quite hotel without a lot of tourists
- very good restaurant and bar
- delicious food
- good location - centre with bike rental and some shops is cca 10 minutes by foot
Disadvantages of this hotel:
- according to us, this hotel has no disadvantages
What you can do there:
- swimming - pool
- trips in all island
Our opinion: if you go to Sark, you should choose this hotel. It´s beautiful, small, calm, with nice room, surrounding and with delicious food. This was our best experience in Channel islands.
What you should know:
- if you arrive to Sark, you should place a label on your luggage with hotel information and it will be delivered there by tractor
- from the harbour you can go to the centre of really small village by foot (cca 5 minutes) or by tractor (1 pound/1 person)
- from the centre you can go to the hotel by foot (cca 10 minutes) or by carriage
- all island has good marking
- you should take old shoes. There are no ways in the island, so if there´s raining ways are dirty.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Petit Champ Sark, Channel Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Petit Champ is situated in a secluded and quiet position on Sark’s west coast with breathtaking views of the sea and the neighbouring Islands of Herm, Jethou and Guernsey. Accommodating a maximum of 22 guests, all 10 en-suite bedrooms have sea views and four of these rooms have balconies. The hotel offers a welcoming "home-from-home" atmosphere and the 2AA Rosetted restaurant provides an extensive menu for both casual and more formal dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Petit Champ reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.